TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My TiVo (Series 2) is reporting that its not recording stuff 'cos its out of space. However based on what's in my Now Playing list there should be a lot of space. I've just restarted the TiVo in hope that whatever weird issue that's occured would clear. Anyone have any other ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks!

-=Tim=-

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dgh said:
Do you have some season passes that are set to Keep Until I Delete? TiVo will reserve space for all episodes of those that it can see coming up in the guide.
...thanks and JimSpence too.

I do have a LOT of Season Passes set to Keep Until I Delete but I'm good about housekeeping so there is never a problem. I should revisit my Season Passes and be tougher about applying this option?

I guess I was wondering if my hard drive had become compromised and was reporting less space than I thought I had. However System Information reports that I have 62 hours (which is what it should be.)

-=Tim=-

·
Registered
978 Posts
Housekeeping will only have a modest effect. TiVo must assume that every show (Both in Now Showing and ToDo) marked Keep Until I Delete will never be deleted because it can't trust you to house clean on any given schedule.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I changed my Seasons Passes from "Until I delete". However I'm still getting the "out of space" message from stuff in my "To Do" list. However when I go back into the items and explicitly select record it turns out that there are other reasons for the programs to not record like scheduling conflicts. Very strange.

-=Tim=-

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Timber said:
Well I changed my Seasons Passes from "Until I delete". However I'm still getting the "out of space" message from stuff in my "To Do" list. However when I go back into the items and explicitly select record it turns out that there are other reasons for the programs to not record like scheduling conflicts. Very strange.

-=Tim=-
Any thoughts on this?

-=Tim=-

·
Neurostim Addict
1,451 Posts
It's a bug in the system. Often, if the reason for not recording a program changes, the Recording History doesn't get updated with the new reason.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.