TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
my tivo upgrade lasted about 1 year, do I blame Tivo for it? nope.

do I blame weaknees? nope

do I blame maxtor? nope.

I have plenty of technology that is over 5 years old that is going strong.

My first Tivo 80 hours is still running after 3 years.

It's just one of the those things, electronics are sensitive things subject to lots of reasons for failure.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Only way you lose the $300 is if the motherboard of the tivo gets fried... basically it's the lifetime of the board. All other items within the box are pretty much replaceable by anyone and parts are readily available.

·
Registered
332 Posts
It won't do anything for you if you don't have the box repaired. Will a car that no longer runs do anything for you? Of course not, it's common sense that it doesn't do anything until you repair it.

Read my previous post. The LIFETIME SUBSCRIPTION is tied to the LIFETIME of the MOTHERBOARD.

·
Registered
332 Posts
joe123j said:
Yes, that is clear enough if it was true. :D

When I called TiVo support on 3 seperate occasions to make sure I was getting the correct answer with their policies. TiVo reps made it VERY clear that if I open or modify a TiVo box, that would void my subscription with them.

Maybe they were all wrong and you are correct. In which case, I have lots of hacking todo on my TiVo box which as you say, it's OK'ed by TiVo.
voiding your SUBSCRIPTION and voiding your WARRANTY are two seperate things.

How do you void your subscription? You do something that is against the TERMS OF SERVICE, such as Hacking a TIVO to make it operate like it HAS A LIFETIME subscription when no such subscription was purchased.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I was thinking that this individual truly was asking for help, I'm assuming from herein out that this is just a troll.

·
Registered
332 Posts
joe123j said:
Again, you are not reading nor following correctly.

"though such upgrades, if not performed by TiVo or a TiVo-authorized third party, will void the warranty on your TiVo DVR AND constitute a breach of this Agreement)."

The question was if *I* upgrade my TiVo just like folks here are telling other folks to so freely do. I am in breach of contract and the contract is also about the Lifetime Subscription. I am not a TiVo authorized agent.

If I open my TiVo box, I am voiding 2 things. My warranty AND my Lifetime Subscription.
Oh my bad...

I guess I haven't had lifetime service on my 357hour box for the past 3 years...

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
332 Posts
cynthetiq said:
I was thinking that this individual truly was asking for help, I'm assuming from herein out that this is just a troll.
yep... seems to be the case.

·
Registered
332 Posts
how does one put another user on ignore in vbulletin....

oh here it is... :click:

·
Registered
332 Posts
:rolleyes: aaaah what a nice day here for fishing... you know... trolling... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
332 Posts
aaah nice to see I can still catch one last fish before the end of the day... trolling is such a good way for catching fish.

·
Registered
332 Posts
well it's cloudy here in NYC, it's a great day to go fishing!!! just have to get on the boat to go trolling...

sigh... maybe we should just ask for this thread to be closed.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Wow... another big fish!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.