TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I can't explain
25,527 Posts
Wubba1108 said:
Congrats, Tivo. We'll be sure to pass along news of this distinction to our network of peers and family.
Huh, I would have thought the TiVo rep would have been won over by your charm and positive attitude. At least here you got the correct advice that a TiVo usually goes bad by losing the Hard drive and is easy to fix

·
I can't explain
25,527 Posts
gregmark said:
It is not "easy to fix". At least, I object to that statement when it omits a qualifying clause such as "for the technically inclined (if not skilled)". Tivo the company should probably do something more for folks like Wubba. Most users of computers or electronics are lazy, demanding, and *extremely* likely to not know that a Tivo has a hard drive. Successful tech companies understand this and have something better to say then "Ooh.. yeah... just buy a new one". If nothing else, the rep could have told Wubba to check out the tivocommnity period com (five posts, here I come!).
What we dont know, is if the OP had a monthly subscription and a 40 hour TiVo. if he did then just buying a new TiVo at 39 or 50 bucks and doing monthly on it would be cheaper and easier.

TiVo will repair but usually charges 90$ for it.

as for easy to fix yourself, you can order a large drive from weakknees and simply swap it out with the drive in the box. done in 10 minutes and my non tech using dad could do it with the simple instructions included

·
I can't explain
25,527 Posts
joe123j said:
Dude, go to the SageTV forums where they can help you and you will find it not to be a cult like setting like here with employees attacking anyone who questions TiVo or warns people not to open their TiVo boxes becuase they will break their LifeTime Subscription.
JustAPixel is not a TiVo Employee. No TiVo employee would bother to ever repsond to a shill like you, you flatter yourself way too much.

JustAPixel also would never bother to reply to you save in performing her Moderator duties.

You obviosuly are trying to do a TiVo to Sage comparison with as negative a slant toward TiVo as possible. I assume it is something you want to use on the Sage forum, even though you seem to think your lie about not being part of that forum is good enough to fool a cult.

My advice open up all your computers and take the hard drives out of them so you can never get on the internet again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.