TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25,992 Posts
I'm surprised at all the talk about replacing the hard drive - the OP didn't mention what type of failure it is. Hey, OP, let us know and we'll try and help out!

·
Registered
25,992 Posts
Will TiVo honor a lifetime Subscription to a TiVo box if they know that the TiVo box has been modified in any way? Can you give a simiple Yes/No answer?
1). Yes
2). Yes

TiVo knows my box is modified. I talked to a CSR about it. That didn't make them remove my lifetime subscription.

Nobody has ever, to my knowledge, had their lifetime sub removed because they have modified the box. Is that clear enough?

·
Registered
25,992 Posts
Yeah, you're confusing the WARRANTY with the SUBSCRIPTION. Your subscription will NOT be void if you modify your TiVo.

It really can't be said any clearer than this, so please don't ask again. ;)

·
Registered
25,992 Posts
Fine. You can't upgrade at all. Whatever. Who gives a **** that TiVO explicitly says

The subscription remains in effect if the TiVo DVR needs to be repaired or replaced due to a malfunction (see manufacturer or retailer warranty details) or even if you upgrade your TiVo DVR to increase storage capacity

They're obviously just trying to set you up. Better use SageTV.

All I can say is that TiVo obviously has never cared about who performs the upgrade, since nobody has gotten their service terminated due to this. I don't know what else you want to hear.

·
Registered
25,992 Posts
I am, totally amazed and fascinated beyond my wildest dreams by posts like yours
It wasn't THAT good, was it? But thanks. And congratulations on "winning"! That's what this is about for you after all, isn't it?

Plus I'm not sure what I was proven wrong on. Or are you saying you know of cases where TiVo has terminated a service agreement because of a hard drive upgrade?

All I'm saying is that, yes, when you specifically upgrade, they will surely terminate your service agreement. That's a given.

·
Registered
25,992 Posts
You are correct Sir. But that is besides the point.

I, like many other legit TiVo evaluators want to know what the POLICY SAYS
What it says is they reserve the right to terminate. How is that besides the point?

I thought you honestly wanted to know if TiVo would honor your lifetime subscription if you upgraded your HD.

They will. 100% guaranteed. Nobody has had any problems with that. Thousands of upgrades. Multiple upgrades. On multiple machines. On multiple accounts. After dealing with TiVo. After telling them. Their software is designed to work with larger drives. They upgraded the software to include support for disks larger than what they sell. The upgrades are rarely if ever done by TiVo. It is bulletproof.

What are you arguing about?

But of course, you're not really interested in answers. I should be ashamed of myself for even answering...

·
Registered
25,992 Posts
I also want to know what is at stake should I open my TiVo box and I have a lifetime subscription. At stake is my $500 bucks that can go down the drain - bottom line.
No it's not at stake. Your warranty will be void though. That's it.

But it's OK, you can use that as an argument to justify SageTV. It's not true, but then again, you seem to be pretty careless about the truth anyway. You've already lied to us about your participation on the SageTV board, so you might as well lie to yourself about how TiVo treats upgraded HDs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.