TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
It is not "easy to fix". At least, I object to that statement when it omits a qualifying clause such as "for the technically inclined (if not skilled)". Tivo the company should probably do something more for folks like Wubba. Most users of computers or electronics are lazy, demanding, and *extremely* likely to not know that a Tivo has a hard drive. Successful tech companies understand this and have something better to say then "Ooh.. yeah... just buy a new one". If nothing else, the rep could have told Wubba to check out the tivocommnity period com (five posts, here I come!).

·
Registered
4 Posts
ZeoTiVo said:
as for easy to fix yourself, you can order a large drive from weakknees and simply swap it out with the drive in the box. done in 10 minutes and my non tech using dad could do it with the simple instructions included
But you have to know that such a thing is possible in the first place. My non-tech dad, who would also be able to install a weakness drive in 10 minutes with the enclosed instructions, would probably never think to slug "fix my tivo drive" into a Google search. More likely, he would just accept "just buy a new one" at face value and curse Tivo.

I do agree though that the OP is probably simplifying his customer support interaction somewhat, if not entirely. Number one rule of customer support? Trust me on this: customers always lie.

Having said that, I just think it's (inadvertently) flippant to tell Tivo layity that any solution that requires unscrewing a chassis is easy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.