TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently purchased a HR10-250, the HDMI port works great! I watched a HD PPV movie that was still on the list looked great! I still have the round duel LMB dish but was only interested in the OTA HD recording and the extra storage anyway.

I've tried two antennas so far (a used Terk55 and a new HDTVa) and when I goto the OTA signal test it shows "0" for every channel. I'm 99% sure I have it connected properly.

Please help!

·
Registered
12,631 Posts
You did scan for channels? And you do know that the OTA channel number (like 2-1) does not necessarily (in most cases it doesn't) indicate what channel the station is actually broadcasting on?

For example, in Baltimore, channel 13 (13-1) is actually on 38, so that is what you need to look at for the meter.

(As JimSpence noted, antennaweb.org will tell you the broadcast frequencies of each station.)

But remember, do the scan first! And make sure you tell the unit what your zip code is so it can match the stations to the guide data properly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TonyD79 said:
You did scan for channels? And you do know that the OTA channel number (like 2-1) does not necessarily (in most cases it doesn't) indicate what channel the station is actually broadcasting on?

For example, in Baltimore, channel 13 (13-1) is actually on 38, so that is what you need to look at for the meter.

(As JimSpence noted, antennaweb.org will tell you the broadcast frequencies of each station.)

But remember, do the scan first! And make sure you tell the unit what your zip code is so it can match the stations to the guide data properly.
Ok, I did find some channels. My channel 3 is on frequency 28.

I see the test Off-air signal but where do you go to scan? And how do I tell it to use OTA HD for my season passes vs SD Sat?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JimSpence said:
The OTA channels will show up in the guide. There is where you pick to record the shows.
I don't see any OTA channels, also when I goto find a program to record it doesn't show there either. Is there a scan for channels somewhere?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.