TiVo Community Forum banner
61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Excellent.
23,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
I watched it tonight. I found myself mildly cold on the finale as an episode, but I appreciated the solution to the mystery and the number of misdirections they pulled off. Even the painting, which was a red herring in the murder except that it was the lynchpin for Poppy/Becky conceiving of the murder in the first place.

Admittedly I probably need to recalibrate my reaction to the episode. The Killer Reveal Party seemed like a lazy way of explaining everything to the viewer, which it kind of was, but it also played fair. I confess I didn’t tip to it being Poppy until quite late; before then, I was just thinking, why on earth would Cinda sit there and be subject to this ridiculousness? It seemed like bad writing. The answer is that of course she wouldn’t, unless she were in on it, so it was actually kind of clever writing. I need to recontextualize the entire episode in a similar light.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I enjoyed the finale and the season as a whole, and I agree that Mable did most of the investigating something that was pointed out upthread. I loved the slow motion and tomato slicing scene. my other half and I were crackig up during it.

Brazzos being miraculosly healed was a nice touch.

It was nice to see Howard and Jonathan again. I loved Howards "The rest was acting". I'm glad that there's going to be a third season.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I've just completed 6 episodes of Season two. 4 more to go. So I've avoid looking at comments here to avoid spoilers.

I just wanted to pop in and say that Shirley MacLaine was unrecognizable. I thought, "I like this actress and she sort of looks familiar", but I had no idea it was her. But she did great.

Glasses Vision care Infrastructure Eyewear Car

·
4 8 15 16 23 42
14,146 Posts
I've just completed 6 episodes of Season two. 4 more to go. So I've avoid looking at comments here to avoid spoilers.

I just wanted to pop in and say that Shirley MacLaine was unrecognizable. I thought, "I like this actress and she sort of looks familiar", but I had no idea it was her. But she did great.

View attachment 74729
I knew who she was immediately. The makeup and glasses changed her appearance quite a bit. Keep in mind though, she's 88 years old.

Outerwear Animal product Fur clothing Headgear Cap

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I knew who she was immediately. The makeup and glasses changed her appearance quite a bit. Keep in mind though, she's 88 years old.

View attachment 74756
Did you anticipate who the next murder victim was going to be at the end of the last episode, to set up the next season? Since he was on the set of his revived TV show, I thought the next victim was going to be his stunt double, played by Jane Lynch. But then they went with Paul Rudd, who hasn't even been on the show, so I obviously didn't see that coming.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
And like last season, there was a nice little homage to Steve Martin's early career (asking Marie out on a date in The Jerk). I love when he does things like that, and with Andrea Martin no less.
I LOVE Andrea Martin and was really hoping to see more of her this season. I was particularly disappointed that we never got a really juicy scene with her and Martin Short. The two of them go way back to their Second City days.

·
4 8 15 16 23 42
14,146 Posts
Did you anticipate who the next murder victim was going to be at the end of the last episode, to set up the next season? Since he was on the set of his revived TV show, I thought the next victim was going to be his stunt double, played by Jane Lynch. But then they went with Paul Rudd, who hasn't even been on the show, so I obviously didn't see that coming.
No, I was referring to her appearance, of which the commenter said she was "unrecognizable".

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts

·
4 8 15 16 23 42
14,146 Posts

·
Excellent.
23,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
I generally don't skip main title credits anyway, but a well-turned one can be as much of a must-watch as the good show it is attached to. I don't think I'll ever get tired of the OMITB main titles + themesong.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I generally don't skip main title credits anyway, but a well-turned one can be as much of a must-watch as the good show it is attached to. I don't think I'll ever get tired of the OMITB main titles + themesong.
This got me thinking, did they hide any clues in the main credits this year like they did for the 1st season?

·
Hi. What is this?
11,786 Posts
I LOVE Andrea Martin and was really hoping to see more of her this season. I was particularly disappointed that we never got a really juicy scene with her and Martin Short. The two of them go way back to their Second City days.
They go back farther than that. 🙂

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,816 Posts
Finally finished this and I thought it was better than the first season. I thought I was right when I assumed the murderer was going to be Mabel's art gallary gf and then they said it outloud not realizing at first that they were play acting to draw out the real killer until a couple of minutes later. I thought it was a lot of fun. Glad it looks like there will be another season. Interesting father and kid theme the whole season that was really interesting too.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts