TiVo Community Forum banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
...I'm not.
19,273 Posts
Unclear why Poppy/Betty is keeping her identity quiet. Presumably we’ll learn the answer to that in the finale. Canning has something on her? (Maybe it’s the fact that she is an accessory to the original hoax.)
Yeah, I was trying to figure out why "Poppy" would take so much crap from Canning, if she has this secret that could easily destroy her career. But maybe maybe Becky herself has even more reason to not want to be found out? Abusive parents, stalker, etc.? Or just fear of backlash (legal or otherwise) from what she put the town and any loved-ones through with her disappearance?

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
This season seems like Mabel is doing all the sleuthing while Oliver and Charles are doing their own little fathers and sons dances.

I loved how Oliver handled his son not being his biological son, but his son nonetheless. However I think he needs tobe told just for health related reasons.

I was really hoping that Mabel and Kreps would duke it out in the ring not just hit gloves.

·
Excellent.
23,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I was really hoping that Mabel and Kreps would duke it out in the ring not just hit gloves.
Mabel’s insults were great. “Who are you? The Great White Dope?” Ha ha.

Minor disappointment: Kreps told her “I’m not just going to say something I shouldn’t say.” Then of course he did just that, bragging about landing “the smartest woman in the world”. I instantly thought, “yep, I was right about Cinda Canning”. Selena Gomez played the end of that scene with a small smile on her face, I thought suggesting that she had figured it out then as well. But it wasn’t until after she got back home and started to assemble Alice’s puzzle that she tipped to the truth.

·
Meh.
43,356 Posts
I thought Mabel's quips in the boxing ring were great but I thought the boxing ring setting as a whole was nowhere realistic.

Between this show and Westworld I'm so confused that I might need therapy. :)

·
Thread Killer
2,814 Posts
I enjoyed this season but I dont think it was as good as last season. Mabel did most of the work.

I was pretty sure it was Poppy after the reveal last week with Cinda and Kreps. I wasn't sure how they were going to catch her, tho. The sandwich was clever, I guess but no way we would have ever known about that. At least last season they had the bassoon cleaning instrument out there for everyone to see. Here they just dumped a bunch of info we had no way of knowing to explain everything.

·
4 8 15 16 23 42
14,146 Posts
And like last season, there was a nice little homage to Steve Martin's early career (asking Marie out on a date in The Jerk). I love when he does things like that, and with Andrea Martin no less.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts