TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello

i just started using the online scheduling, and it's awesome. i like it better than scheduling from the tivo itself.

the thing is, the online site lists all channels. so, sometimes i search and find a show, and hit "record" -- and later, on the tivo, realize that channel isn't part of my cable package. so, i get a blank screen recorded.

i've removed these channels from my tivo, and they don't show up when i search for shows. but when i search online, they do show up.

is there anyway to tell my online thing to only show channels i have listed on my tivo?

- matt

· Ex-Caavo employee (Ex-TiVo, '00-'16)
1,611 Posts
At this point in time, TiVo Central Online can only pull up a list of all the channels associated with your channel lineup, even if you have them deselected on the unit itself. Pulling that information from the DVR would be a violation of our current privacy policy. Plus having that information for all of our customers would require a lot of server space to store.

That said, we are researching ways to make this possible in future.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I would definitely click an "agree" box to let you guys sync my channels.

I'm just discovering online schedulling, and it is incredible. I prefer to schedule everything this way, since typing is so much quicker.

I only wish the channels were limited to what I've selected on my box, and that I could stop getting the alert messages on my TiVo message box.

Since I schedule everything online, I get too many messages. A simple "web" icon next to the program in the To Do List would be much better. I don't need a note.

- Matt

· Registered
1 Posts
I can not sign into TiVo central online. Can not sign in at all to manage account. I keep getting the following error:

"Gateway Timeout
The proxy server did not receive a timely response from the upstream server."

TiVo support suggested another ISP. Tried three different ISP and still have the same problem. TiVo support is no help. Any thoughts?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.