TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· User Since Day ONE!
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The tivo is now allowing us to set Onepass for shows on Prime etc.

But it never records them, always saying not available to record

What good is setting a Onepass for something it can't find or use?

Anyone find a good use for this????

· TDL shepherd
17,899 Posts
OnePasses don't record streaming content, but including streaming in a OnePass will allow bookmarks to the associated streaming content to be populated in the My Shows listing. It's a good way to present a merged listing of past streaming content with current season recordings.

One downside of the OnePass streaming feature is that TiVo/OnePass has an awful lag time between when content is posted to a streaming site and when TiVo/OnePass eventually creates a bookmark for it. (Pretty much renders the feature useless for many people.)

· in the other Alabama
20,962 Posts
Two things. First, it take a while (too long) for a series to be available. Example is Jack Ryan. But when it was available it worked fine. Second, they always say "Not available to record" because streaming content can not be recorded by a TiVo.

An example of something "too new" is the new remake of "Hannah". It says (under the thumbnail) that it's "Not currently available". But if you invoke the app directly, you can watch all the episodes.

BTW, today "Hannah" does say Create a OnePass, and it works. But there are no upcoming episodes.

· Registered
7,682 Posts

I use it for Grand Tour on Prime and it works fine for me but I'm behind so it's not critical if it takes a while to display the latest episode available. You have it set to streaming correct and not record since you can't record a streaming show? It should show the episodes available if (as others have indicated) TiVo has the metadata updated for that show from that streaming source.

Scott

· TDL shepherd
17,899 Posts
This could have been such a killer feature if *TiVo* had ever addressed the bookmark lag. (This one is more on TiVo than Rovi, as the feature and associated lag pre-date the merger.) They really should be focusing on the lag rather than “deeper PLEX integration”

p.s. I concur with the previous comment that it is still useful for older streaming content.

· User Since Day ONE!
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
agreed to all above
A few shows showed up today, with no episodes available to record
It would have been killer if they updated the streamers daily.

King of like everything on tivo, they add/sub features, break them, and NEVER mention it to you

There podcast stuff years ago was cool, record podcasts and internet shows just like they were tv shows, then dropped push with no notice, not even telling their CSRs about the changes

· Registered
7,682 Posts
A few shows showed up today, with no episodes available to record
It would have been killer if they updated the streamers daily.
You mean no episodes available to watch? You will only see the streaming icon in My Shows. Not sure why you keep mentioning record.

What Prime shows do you have issues with (curious to see what my Roamio Pro shows)?

Scott

· User Since Day ONE!
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes. I do not mean record

I added 2 on prime video in suggestions
No episode bookmarked but go to prime video entire seasons are there

· TDL shepherd
17,899 Posts
they add/sub features, break them, and NEVER mention it to you
My thought was "they add and market key new features to attract interest/buyers in new gear but never bring the features to full functionality."

e.g.
  • Mobile streaming (the "roam" in Roamio)
  • Streaming OnePasses
  • 4K/UHD & HDR (BOLT)
... plus an app platform that keeps TiVo on the streaming trailing edge. (I'd add user profiles but that was never promised, just teased.)

· User Since Day ONE!
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
"Suggestions" and "Wishlists" are recording-only features; though I don't know what you mean by the above.
I keep using wrong terms. The suggestion at the top of the menu screen the tivo button brings up. I selected a show there. It added the show and said no episodes to add or something like that

Can someone tell me what 'deeper PLEX integration' tivo has added. Nothing on my plex shows up anywhere in tivo screens. Only the std plex screen

· User Since Day ONE!
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know that. I mean how is integration more complete. I dont see any differences in search or suggestions etc. It doesd not let u add bookmarks or anything

Id think if integrated, you could search a name. Select name and it would list when shown as avail on tv and in plex but i see none of that

· User Since Day ONE!
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hannah and absentia

As people said, they show up in the top of menu screen, you select them. You get show description and thenna message nothing availabke in next two weeks

It is funny that they know about the shows by show title. They even show in search. But episodes take a long time to show up

· Registered
7,682 Posts
Hannah and absentia

As people said, they show up in the top of menu screen, you select them. You get show description and thenna message nothing availabke in next two weeks

It is funny that they know about the shows by show title. They even show in search. But episodes take a long time to show up
That's correct as there isn't anything that's upcoming to record in the next 2 weeks. Remember these are streaming shows and as far as I know they aren't going to show up there.

Television Television set Flat panel display Gadget Font

Did you set up a streaming 1P for both of these shows?

Gadget Font Flat panel display Display device Audio equipment

Here's what I get once I set up a 1P for each. Below is what you should see after you've done that. Hanna is showing the typical issue seen with these streaming 1P through TiVo where their metadata is not showing all of the episodes available (8 I believe for the 1st full season), but Absentia appears to be correctly showing all 10 episodes available in season 1.

For us it works great when TiVo has all the available episodes (the real caveat though).

Computer Flat panel display Gadget Television set Font

Product Font Television set Display device Technology

Scott

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.