TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
postcrastinator
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought the last film of the day was the best by far -- "Worldly Possessions".
Then came "Spaghetti", and Zach's "Time Upon a Once" was third.
Although I liked the other two, I think they'll be going home next week.

The pacing of the show has improved 100% since the third and fourth episodes. I think the show is finally starting to get it's legs.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Fox must really want this show over with since they're now eliminating 2 per week.

Does Carrie Fisher end every sentence with "So........." and a shoulder shrug?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Also, wasn't the plot of the last movie "Worldly Possessions" one of the log lines used earlier in the season? I swear I remember them talking about a military package being accidently being delivered to a homeowner.

·
Banned
5,777 Posts
I noticed that too. It was from one of the first 2 episodes. I think it's a bit lame that he used that instead of coming up with his own idea but he did it well and it was a success, so...

·
4,716 Posts
I didn't really like Zach's film, which surprised me. I’ve liked all of his other films so far, so I was surprised that I didn’t like his film this week.

I liked Worldly Possessions best, followed by Spaghetti.

I think (and I can’t believe I’m typing this) that I liked Hilary’s film third best.

I wouldn’t be surprised, though, to see Hilary and Shalini go home.

It is true that the pacing of the show seems a bit better than before, but there are still some awkward spots with the host... "Contestants, did you hear that?", when it was obvious that the previous comments were aimed at the contestants.

·
Enlightened
7,696 Posts
Indiana627 said:
Fox must really want this show over with since they're now eliminating 2 per week.

Does Carrie Fisher end every sentence with "So........." and a shoulder shrug?
After being vigorously booed a few times for criticizing films, she seems to be gunshy of giving anything but a tepid, ambiguous review to a film she clearly doesn't like.

·
4,716 Posts
GoHalos said:
It is true that the pacing of the show seems a bit better than before, but there are still some awkward spots with the host... "Contestants, did you hear that?", when it was obvious that the previous comments were aimed at the contestants.
Oh, I also didn't really like the host's dress this week. My wife called it a "potato sack".

·
Registered
532 Posts
GoHalos said:
Oh, I also didn't really like the host's dress this week. My wife called it a "potato sack".
Yeah, they should have made her take it off during the first commercial break!

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I still find myself looking forward to Gary Marshall's comments after each short film. He's so quick with his witty comments ! I'd love to see a youtube compilation of all of his reviews. :)

·
Go Pats!
9,582 Posts
Indiana627 said:
Yeah, they should have made her take it off during the first commercial break!
+2

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
60,914 Posts
GoHalos said:
and was she even wearing a bra? They looked quite droopy.

I liked Worldly Possessions the best. It was a cool concept. I also liked Time Upon A Once and Spaghetti. I don't really remember what Hilary and Shalini's were, so that should tell you something.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts