TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Allan
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always kept TiVo's on-screen time enabled. I recently purchased an OLED LG C2 and am wondering if I should be concerned about potential burn-in, since the time is always displayed. Any thoughts?

· wait.. I did what?
15,512 Posts
While newer sets are better at fighting burn-in (cue the group insisting it's a forgone event and OLEDs aren't ready for anyone to use)
I would not leave the clock up, but then I've also never understood why it's someone someone would want on the screen, I can get it from info, my phone that's sitting mext to me, or my smartwatch I'm wearing.
But the car and feeding of an OLED is a just something that should be respected for it to have a long life.

· Allan
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - I agree OLED's are more prone to burn in - just hoping to hear from someone who might know for sure.

And I find not only the clock convenient on screen, but the elapsed time when playing back a recording.

· Registered
1,630 Posts
Thanks - I agree OLED's are more prone to burn in - just hoping to hear from someone who might know for sure.

And I find not only the clock convenient on screen, but the elapsed time when playing back a recording.
I just tap the play key on the remote and bring up the green progress bar for elapsed time if I need to. Clocks are similar to channel logos on the corner of screens, you're OK if you switch channels and don't stay on one channel all the time and turn the brightness down. For the clock just turn it off after a few hours and don't let it run. Burn-in used to happen with CRT tubes also long before OLED. Games that used stationary images on the bottom of the screen would burn-in. The advice was turn the brightness down if you play the same game for a long time.

· Registered
81 Posts
I'm using the clock on a couple of Tivos and it seems like I have to enable the clock about once a week because it disappears. I am using the newer software. Maybe that is intentional by Tivo to avoid burn in with Oled tvs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts