TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just purchased a new 40-hr Tivo in addition to my old Philips Tivo. I want to transfer the saved programs from my old Tivo (with no network capabilities) to my new Tivo. Any recommendations on best way to do this?

Steve

·
Dumb Blond
46,720 Posts
The only way to do this is to start a manual recording on the new one and do a "Save to VCR" from the old, using audio/video cables to connect them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steve,

Thanks for the quick reply. Must be a novice here - but how do I receive the video output in the new Tivo. I can save to VCR easy enough on the old one and connect the RCA cables from the output to the input on the new Tivo, but how do I get the new Tivo to use those ports as input versus a cable?

Thanks, Steve

·
Dumb Blond
46,720 Posts
You would tell the receiving TiVo that you are using a cable box or satellite box and ask to record a channel that would cause it to look for a signal on that input. The title in Now Showing will be arbitrary (or rather what TiVo thinks is "on" that channel), so this is not a pretty solution.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.