TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Poster of News
35,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from 12/04 news release: Customers who subscribe to a DIRECTV local channel package in the Fox O&O markets will receive the Fox HD channels free of charge. Customers in the Pacific and Mountain Time zones will receive KTTV from Los Angeles and those in the Central and Eastern Time zones will receive WNYW from New York.

Ok I wasnt interested in HD back then but ran across this while reseaching anothe topic. So how in the world did everyone with fox locals O/O get a HD signal back then? Did they turn on the feed for just one day?

edit...this was about superbowl viewing :) oops

·
DVC-BCV
5,715 Posts
There was a period of time where you could get the O&O stations in HD for your area.

In Atlanta that was just FOX. Other cities had more of their stations O&O and they could get more stations turned on.

That period of time has passed.

As soon as DirecTV started offering the locals in HD they no longer turn on the national HD channels even in O&O markets.

I get CBS (previously grandfathered in) and FOX from DirecTV in HD. I have done a comparison of DirecTV's CBS and my OTA CBS during CSI. I would much rather watch my OTA CBS. DirecTV's CBS was a much softer picture. You could really see a difference between DirecTV's HD-Lite and the real OTA HD.

·
Registered
195 Posts
And it still was up to the individual stations. For some reason, I can't get the feed in Denver, even though the local FOX station is O&O. When I called to activate it, D* told me i was being blocked by the station in Cheyenne, WY - over 100 miles away (and no, I can't receive any Cheyenne stations here).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts