TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
LOAD"*",8,1
Joined
·
35,437 Posts
Hmm. Not what I thought this was going to be. I was thinking you were referring to the title sequence, but you seem to be referring to the credits that "scroll" at the bottom of the screen while the episode is going on.

For the first, Alias is/was famous for that... I think it's likely there were some episodes of Alias that didn't have the title sequence until almost the 20 minute mark.

For the second - well, I never pay attention to them, so I wouldn't be able to tell you any that I've seen. I suspect that your observation of 20 minutes of those credits could be the longest.
 

·
Mmm...invisible cola
Joined
·
4,336 Posts
Alias comes to mind for me too. After 20 minutes of intense action, you forget that there haven't been credits yet and have to look at the progress bar. Of course, you then know that the remaining part of the show will be riddled with commercials.

I don't think I have ever seen credits last more than ~5 minutes - even the subtle ones that space the names out.
 

·
The Question
Joined
·
10,700 Posts
stevemcl said:
The Sheild goes quite a ways in before the opening song.........
Yeah, but last Tuesday's was different from all others, IIRC.

Normally there's the opening bit and I think they flash the words "The Shield" against a black background pretty early in that. Then after the opening bit, there's the logo and the music and then immediately back to the show with the credits appearing over the picture.

Last Tuesday's seemed to have the credits appear during the opening bit itself and then after the logo/music was a commercial...
 

·
Nice to see you
Joined
·
9,684 Posts
KRS said:
I don't think I have ever seen credits last more than ~5 minutes - even the subtle ones that space the names out.
Back when I was a closed-captioner, we were usually captioning from tapes that hadn't had the credits added yet. Our "rule of thumb" was, after the opening title sequence -- and the commercial break that usually immediately followed it -- to keep the captions bumped to the top of the screen for 2 minutes in a half-hour show, 4 minutes in a drama. (The good shows, though, would have someone in the post-production department give us the exact timing of the credits once they had figured it out -- or they'd send us a final version of the tape complete with the credits.)
 

·
Poster of News
Joined
·
30,419 Posts
I really dont notice credits even that far in. So they are either doing a bad or good job depending on your point of view. I watched cic, ww, and lost this week and didn't notice anything you all are talking of
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
869 Posts
I don't know why shows even bother with credits anymore. They either get scrolled by ultra quickly or they're squashed into 1/4 of the screen. Either way, they end up being unreadable. I haven't seen the way that West Wing or CiC do it, but maybe this is how they're trying to get around what's been done in the past.
 

·
Poster of News
Joined
·
30,419 Posts
Cue-Ball said:
I don't know why shows even bother with credits anymore. They either get scrolled by ultra quickly or they're squashed into 1/4 of the screen. Either way, they end up being unreadable. I haven't seen the way that West Wing or CiC do it, but maybe this is how they're trying to get around what's been done in the past.
I think that's what it is. They know that you 'have' to watch the credits if they are in the show. Also that frequently they like to squish at the end to advertise all their other shows.
 

·
Domestic Extremist
Joined
·
16,877 Posts
newsposter said:
I really dont notice credits even that far in. So they are either doing a bad or good job depending on your point of view. I watched cic, ww, and lost this week and didn't notice anything you all are talking of
Yeah, me too. I don't notice them at all, pretty much.
 

·
Rebus Philbin
Joined
·
31,210 Posts
I always liked how Alias jumped right into the show, and you wouldn't get the title sequence until around the 12 minute mark.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top