TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure this subject has been beaten like a rug, but here goes--
My TiVo keeps recording its suggestions on HD channels which I don't receive so I get hours of blank recording with just sound. I thought TiVo automatically knows what channels I subscribe to! Years ago I remember filling out some paper form and faxing it to TiVo if I needed to add/delete a channel. I hope I don't have to do that again.......

· Registered
978 Posts
Jon1 said:
Well that's a lot easier than filling out and faxing a form to TiVo!
And it does something too! :D

Actually faxing a form to TiVo will do something - just not what you're looking for. You contact TiVo Inc. when the lineup is wrong - for example, if your cable system has BBCA on 122 but TiVo thinks it's on 82. However, if you simply don't subscribe to a package that includes BBCA, then you just tell your TiVo you don't receive it.

· Registered
226 Posts
You can also use Channels I Receive settings to make TiVo ignore certain channels - for example, we have some public access, foreign language, and all-music channels that I never ever watch, so I just took them off the list of Channels I Receive. No more Suggestions from those channels, and no more having to wade through useless channels when looking at the guide or channel surfing.

· It's a KILT, G-D it!
62 Posts
simonalope said:
You can also use Channels I Receive settings to make TiVo ignore certain channels - for example, we have some public access, foreign language, and all-music channels that I never ever watch, so I just took them off the list of Channels I Receive. No more Suggestions from those channels, and no more having to wade through useless channels when looking at the guide or channel surfing.
Thanks for pointing this one out - my TiVo has much greater confidence in my spanish speaking abilities than I do (they are non-existant) so this will stop it from recording SABADO GIGANTE time & time again!!! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.