TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somehow, I'm realizing I should have known this, although tivo doesn't seem to make this clear in the manual.

I bought a number of DVR-R DL discs and was all ready to finally burn the "best quality" material I had on to my new DVDs.

Now, I'm fearing that the files that exceed 100% for the regular DVDs will have to just sit on my tivo drive?

Is there any solution?

Is the best answer to transfer my tivo files over my wireless network to my computer and then utilize a standalone dvd burner? Is even this possible?

There's no way that humax ever comes out with a firmware update that will allow it to work with DL discs, is there?

Is there anyway to turn these files into DVD discs?

Many thanks for any help.

·
Dumb Blond
47,087 Posts
My understanding is that DL requires a physical change to the drive, so no, a firmware update won't do it. Yes, you can transfer shows over the network to your PC using TiVoToGo and burn them there using the PC's burner.

·
Astute User
17,877 Posts
AFAIK, the drive in the DVR is likely DL capable, but the TiVo software needs to support it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.