TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Gruntled
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night my 10-250 started behaving oddly. I didn't change anything in my settings menus.

When I've completed watching any 1080i source and return to any menu, the menus are full screen, as they have always been.

However, when I then select a 480i source, the picture is resized to 16:9 instead of 4:3 as it's aways been. If I use the up-arrow to switch to 480i, the picture correctly reverts to 4:3, but then all subsequents menus are at 4:3 until I view another 1080i source.

This is a mild annoyance, but an annoyance nevertheless. It seems to me I've encountered this before, but I don't remember what the fix was.

Anybody?

·
Gruntled
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bugkillah said:
Did you accidently hit the ratio button, top left on remote?
Nope. The remote I use doesn't have a Ratio button.

·
Gruntled
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JimSpence said:
Maybe the display setting on the TV has changed.
No, it's set to deault to 4:3, then gets overridden by an incoming signal, which still works on 1080i content coming from the 10-250. It's just that in the past, all menus were always full-screen.

If I press the UP Arrow, I can force the menus back to 1080i and the menus become full-screen again.

I noticed another twist to this last night. After watching 480i program, I switched to a 1080i program and the screen stayed in 4:3 aspect until I forced it to 16:9 via the Up Arrow.

Very weird.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am guessing you have an universal remote. If you have an older TIVO remote, use the "window" button, its the same code. (they didn't have a use defined for it on the SD models, when they did the HD model, they just changed the label)

·
Gruntled
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rjnerd said:
I am guessing you have an universal remote. If you have an older TIVO remote, use the "window" button, its the same code. (they didn't have a use defined for it on the SD models, when they did the HD model, they just changed the label)
Bingo! That's it. The Window button works fine. THANKS!

(We use remote controls from Tivo that have a switch that control two Tivos with one remote.)

·
Gruntled
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BOBCAT said:
Hi tigerdriver
Are you a member of STOA?
Don't think so. What is it?

What part of Bay Area are you in?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.