TiVo Community Forum banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Turtleboy said:
Oh, and who thinks that the producers of the show (or someone else close to her) planted the story in Page 6 themselves.
I doubt it. The author she was dating even admitted that he gave them the story. Now, someone else might have been responsible for getting the ball rolling, but he spilled the beans when asked. And he even admitted to Lisa that he figured as long as they were running a story he'd get his book mentioned.

·
Notable Member
117,508 Posts
Turtleboy said:
Episode #2:

I've never been to LAX, but I've been to Reagan National Airport in Washington DC dozens of times.

Her "Airtroduction" was in Reagan in DC, and not in LAX. So that was no six hour flight, but a 45 min to one hour flight.

What's up with that?

What did they say LAX? Why was she in DC?

Bizzare.
I picked up on that as well.

·
Coney Island Small
32,900 Posts
grant33 said:
Here's a quote from her imdb page: "I eat fish and love bacon. Plus, I don't mind if soups are made with chicken or beef stock, I just don't like eating big pieces of meat."
Forget it then - I'm out.

·
All better
17,348 Posts
How stupid was it of that guy to pay for her crap at The Container Store!?!

[GOB]Come on!!!![/GOB]

·
Grumpy Poster
56,651 Posts
I'm still watching, although I'm now recording the Monday showing because "Big Love" will be taking its place on Sunday night.

That was a kiss, all right. Somehow, though, I think it's going to get complicated from there. Ya think? ;)

·
All better
17,348 Posts
Graymalkin said:
I'm still watching, although I'm now recording the Monday showing because "Big Love" will be taking its place on Sunday night.

That was a kiss, all right. Somehow, though, I think it's going to get complicated from there. Ya think? ;)
They replay constantly during the week you can catch one of those.

·
love me some Logo!
97 Posts
I haven't missed a single episode. I like Lisa Loeb she is someone I would love to hang out with (be her token gay friend or something). She is very pretty and witty and simply cool. I think the guys that she has been dating are horrible! The guy that stayed on his cellphone is just rude and ridiculous. I could tell throughout the season that her college friend was all about her. It was obvious he was a bit jealous of her dates and deep down wants her (and probably has for a long time).

·
Notable Member
117,508 Posts
ClayMan said:
I could tell throughout the season that her college friend was all about her. It was obvious he was a bit jealous of her dates and deep down wants her (and probably has for a long time).
yup. And Lisa's sister and friend picked up on it too at that party. Of course, I have to wonder if there was any encouragement by the producers for him to make that move like he did. It certainly made for good TV, not to mention what appeared to be a nice time for both of them.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
I've still been watching as well. I can't believe that out of all the men in Manhatten, the guys she's dated have all been total duds. I think she is going to have a very hard time finding someone, even as pretty and intelligent as she is. The kiss from her friend wasn't surprising as the episode really lead up to it. However; I don't get the feeling this guy is ready to get married and start popping out rugrats like Lisa is. I have a feeling this will end badly, especially for Lisa.

·
King Button Pusher
27,172 Posts
I've been watching and find the show moderately entertaining. Parts of it very funny and other parts just too real, especially when you can see the other gals sabotaging her with little negative remarks about the guys.

The only problem that I have with this show is that the very nature of it is preposterous, or at least contradictory in nature. She's looking for a husband. As soon as she finds one, the show is over. Something tells me that she will conveniently not find the "right guy".

·
Notable Member
117,508 Posts
retrodog said:
I've been watching and find the show moderately entertaining. Parts of it very funny and other parts just too real, especially when you can see the other gals sabotaging her with little negative remarks about the guys.

The only problem that I have with this show is that the very nature of it is preposterous, or at least contradictory in nature. She's looking for a husband. As soon as she finds one, the show is over. Something tells me that she will conveniently not find the "right guy".
I really never expected this show to be an ongoing series that would have multiple seasons. Maybe it will all be conveniently timed so some guy proposes to her in the last episode.

·
Bye to High Society
1,904 Posts
O.K., so we had the finale last night. However, the more I think about it, the more suspicious I get about how real these guys are whom she dated on the show.

Do guys really act that stupidly?

On a radio interview last month, Lisa Loeb said that she was still "single."

·
TV-holic, improving
2,278 Posts
TIVOSciolist said:
Do guys really act that stupidly?
I'm thinking Michael just froze at the end, because the cameras were on him. It looked like he came to his senses when he turned up after her concert. You never did get a sense for how long they'd been dating. Could have been a week, could have months.

·
hi.
3,409 Posts
I'm so glad Lisa didn't go back to LA with her boyfriend. I'm confused with how they left it, though...are they dating long distance or are they separated?

I'm glad he showed up to her concert. I was so disgusted with him after he left her apartment. He seemed like all he cared about was making himself happy. I'm sure her trying to make that type of decision was no walk in the park.

I hope she finds a decent man sometime soon. She's too cute and seemingly sweet to be single for much longer. :)

·
Bye to High Society
1,904 Posts
kar74 said:
I'm so glad Lisa didn't go back to LA with her boyfriend. I'm confused with how they left it, though...are they dating long distance or are they separated?
I don't recall if he said the name of the TV show in Los Angeles where he was going to be a "recurring character."

I hope that it wasn't "Emily's Reasons Why Not."

41 - 60 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.