TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
TV-holic, improving
2,278 Posts
It's been a while since I've seen the 'good' kind of reality show ('good' being documentaries, evil being competitive shows) and I like this one a lot. Lisa isa great woman to watch and listen to and I get to see a bit of New York again.

Now if only they could add an aging British guy who walks through the house yelling for his wife. Then this show would be perfect.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I think we can now create several golden rules of dating gleaned from this show.

1) Never sing karaoke when you're dating the real singer
2) Never discuss your fiber intake or bowel problems on the first date
3) When you finally manage to get a date with a celebrity, don't use them to promote your book.
4) Rice cookers are cute, but they don't guarantee you a second date (or even a first).

·
Grumpy Poster
56,652 Posts
What kind of vegetarian is she? Does she eat eggs and dairy products, or is she a strict vegan?

I do like my animal flesh, but I always appreciate a fine dish of couscous or pasta primavera.

And you will never, ever again see me do karaoke. Once at Kablemodem's was enough. Gawd, that was embarrassing.

·
Notable Member
117,637 Posts
Graymalkin said:
What kind of vegetarian is she? Does she eat eggs and dairy products, or is she a strict vegan?

I do like my animal flesh, but I always appreciate a fine dish of couscous or pasta primavera.

And you will never, ever again see me do karaoke. Once at Kablemodem's was enough. Gawd, that was embarrassing.
based on her show she had with Dweezil on FoodTV, she's one of those "I'm a vegetarian, but...." types of vegetarians.

·
Registered
369 Posts
jsmeeker said:
based on her show she had with Dweezil on FoodTV, she's one of those "I'm a vegetarian, but...." types of vegetarians.
Here's a quote from her imdb page: "I eat fish and love bacon. Plus, I don't mind if soups are made with chicken or beef stock, I just don't like eating big pieces of meat."

·
Notable Member
117,637 Posts
grant33 said:
Here's a quote from her imdb page: "I eat fish and love bacon. Plus, I don't mind if soups are made with chicken or beef stock, I just don't like eating big pieces of meat."
exactly.. I knew about the bacon thing from that FoodTV show she had. She's no true vegetarian. Which is good, IMHO. She would be easy to cook for,

·
mE
719 Posts
I have always thought she was hot, ever since she broke through. I was shocked to hear that she was 37! She does not look that old at all! (well at least to me)

I thought the show was decent, guess it could give me some ideas out there in the dating scene. blah

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
jsmeeker said:
exactly.. I knew about the bacon thing from that FoodTV show she had. She's no true vegetarian. Which is good, IMHO. She would be easy to cook for,
Easy to cook for? Man, that's why you get a woman in the first place!

<runs and ducks> ;)

·
Ring Turner
17,528 Posts
I saw her on a Food Network show a few years back and she was terrible! Not interested.

·
All better
17,348 Posts
Havana Brown said:
I saw her on a Food Network show a few years back and she was terrible! Not interested.
Fine. Get out of our Lisa love in thread then!!! :D

·
Premium Member
58,031 Posts
Episode #2:

I've never been to LAX, but I've been to Reagan National Airport in Washington DC dozens of times.

Her "Airtroduction" was in Reagan in DC, and not in LAX. So that was no six hour flight, but a 45 min to one hour flight.

What's up with that?

What did they say LAX? Why was she in DC?

Bizzare.

·
Monkeyhead
2,138 Posts
Turtleboy said:
Episode #2:

I've never been to LAX, but I've been to Reagan National Airport in Washington DC dozens of times.

Her "Airtroduction" was in Reagan in DC, and not in LAX. So that was no six hour flight, but a 45 min to one hour flight.

What's up with that?

What did they say LAX? Why was she in DC?

Bizzare.
I can't recall the specifics, but I know episode 1 showed her performing at the Birchmere in Alexandria. I know because I was supposed to go to that show but had to cancel :( . Things work out though, if I had been at the Birchmere that night Lisa wouldn't still be single and several VH-1 production people would have been out of work.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.