·
Administrator
9,616 Posts
See below.

·
Señor Member
81,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That checkbox that says "Alert" seems to be what controls all my other Alerts, no? I have not been receiving alerts for "replied to watched threads" before today, pretty sure.

·
tabasco rules
16,327 Posts
started getting alerts for posts to my watched threads today, too.

·
Administrator
9,616 Posts
That checkbox that says "Alert" seems to be what controls all my other Alerts, no?
My bad, there used to be push boxes down there.

You all have these unchecked and started getting alerts today?

·
Administrator
9,616 Posts
There was an update w/ supposedly "no user facing changes" this morning. Something might be buggy with it. I've submitted a request to have it looked at.

·
Señor Member
81,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My bad, there used to be push boxes down there.

You all have these unchecked and started getting alerts today?
I have all the others checked, except for that one. I am getting the others as usual, but since they are all on, I have no clue if they are misbehaving. :)

I did toggle the setting on/save/off/save but it did not stop them.

·
Hinky
32,009 Posts
Yup, me too. And I didn't even realize what the issue was until I read this thread. I knew I was getting a lot of alerts that I don't normally, but my brain wasn't working enough today to figure it out.

·
Señor Member
81,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Check your followed page and see if you can disable alerts that way.

-Mike
Not sure what to do there. I want the threads to be watched/followed. Just don't want the notification/alert every time someone posts to it. I use that page a lot, to see my threads. The only options I see is to enable/disable the email notifications, which are not the issue.

Rectangle Font Parallel Electric blue Screenshot

·
Hinky
32,009 Posts
My alerts are set as follows - I would think the unchecked "Replies to a watched thread" should prevent these notifications. I also need to uncheck all the push stuff - I do not have push enabled on my desktop (and that one push can't be unchecked - which is weird).

Font Material property Parallel Screenshot Number

·
Administrator
53 Posts
Not sure what to do there. I want the threads to be watched/followed. Just don't want the notification/alert every time someone posts to it. I use that page a lot, to see my threads. The only options I see is to enable/disable the email notifications, which are not the issue.

View attachment 71833
Ya, my hamster fell off the wheel briefly. That page only manages email alerts. Sorry.

-Mike

·
L: 37-35
13,257 Posts
Is it anticipated this will get fixed, or do we need to get used to alerts being broken?

1 - 20 of 79 Posts