TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My primary TiVo is a Roamio Pro and it already got the update and gets Rovio data.

However, some of the discussions here about how TiVo implemented the update and guide switch made me worry that inactive TiVos might be messed up if they come on line months from how.

So, I took my lifetimed TiVoHD out of storage for the first time in almost a year, connected it up, and it's been running for 6 days and counting. I can see that guide data appears to be flowing (the HD claims it has data through 20 September) but I'm not seeing any asterisks or overly verbose descriptions, so it appears I'm still getting Gracenote data. Also, there doesn't seem to have been any operating system update.

Is this normal? Do I somehow need to "manually" request an update because the TiVo wasn't online when the big switchover happened?

· in the other Alabama
20,962 Posts
My primary TiVo is a Roamio Pro and it already got the update and gets Rovio data.

However, some of the discussions here about how TiVo implemented the update and guide switch made me worry that inactive TiVos might be messed up if they come on line months from how.

So, I took my lifetimed TiVoHD out of storage for the first time in almost a year, connected it up, and it's been running for 6 days and counting. I can see that guide data appears to be flowing (the HD claims it has data through 20 September) but I'm not seeing any asterisks or overly verbose descriptions, so it appears I'm still getting Gracenote data. Also, there doesn't seem to have been any operating system update.

Is this normal? Do I somehow need to "manually" request an update because the TiVo wasn't online when the big switchover happened?
If asking for the update from TiVo doesn't work, you might rerun Guided Setup (perhaps for a nearby zipcode). That's guesswork, but you don't lose anything except time.

It seems impossible that you are getting Gracenote data. Have you checked your Provider for an asterisk?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.