TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to place my R10 behind a solid wood flip down door but obviously the remote can't work through the wood door. I'm not interested in a full size RF repeater like those used to transmit a remote signal from one room to another. Any ideas for a product that will help me out? Thanks.

·
DTV + Tvio = ;-)
1,084 Posts
A basic IR extender would work. Those "pyramid" looking units actually work fairly well, especially in a small area that you are referring to. Certainly nothing fancy is needed. Roughly $20 or so at you local big box store. RCA (found at most Target or Wal-Mart stores), Leapfrog, Jensen, etc. Just type "IR extender" in google (or whatever) and you'll get plenty of options in the $20's.

Do note the IR extender can work from room to room too as it actually does convert IR to RF and then back to IR. Is this what you are looking for, or what you are tyring to avoid?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm hoping to avoid the IR-RF-IR scenario, only for reasons of not wanting a pyramid next to my tv to receive the signal. Some of the other options look promising, although somewhat more expensive than I expected.

Thanks for the help.

·
Just hangin'
30,961 Posts
ADent said:
I use this http://www.smarthome.com/8197.html . The one I actually got was slightly different unit off eBay for cheap.

More reliable than those pyramids I used.
I agree that wired units are more reliable, but the OP doesn't want a receiver sitting next to the TV. I use an older Radio Shack version to control my DSR6000 that is in the basement.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.