TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having just upgraded my Tivo hard drive I was relieved when it booted and successfully downloaded the program guide via my router.
When Tivo boots it no longer shows the Tivo animation, instead it goes straight to live TV. After pressing the Tivo button I enter guided setup, during which no video signal is received. This means that guided setup is unable to continue and so the loop continues.
Tivo clearly is being sent a signal as it shows it from boot up but then it seems to be lost as soon as Tivo setup kicks in.
Any ideas? :confused:

·
Hubcaps r in fashion
7,486 Posts
Just a blind thought here from an American...

Some on this side of the Atlantic have noticed they can't get video to display during Guided Setup, and have trouble finishing up after telling the TiVo "No...I can't see any video".

Some have "lied" to the TiVo and said they DID indeed see video, and Setup continued, with everything ending up normal when Setup was done.

Have you tried lying to your TiVo today? :p

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I would be very happy to lie to my Tivo - but it doesn't ask the question!
Without a video signal the guided setup halts just before the screen where you would choose your IR remote code.
I can't see how upgrading the hard drive using my original Tivo image can somehow block video input - and yes I do actually have the set top box connected to Tivo!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SJC said:
... and yes I do actually have the set top box connected to Tivo!
Indeed I do - to the wrong bloody socket, how hard can it be? There are only 3 scart connections on the Tivo and 2 of them are outputs. :eek: :eek: :eek: Oh God I need to lie down in a darkened room!

·
Hubcaps r in fashion
7,486 Posts
I'm also glad to hear someone else does things like that.

I couldn't understand HOW I'd erased the latest episode of a certain show....

....until I realized it hadn't aired yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.