TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that on two of the Tivos that I've upgraded, I'm experiencing some hard lockup issues that only a power cycle will fix. The units seem to stop responding completely, ignoring remote commands and freezing on whatever video frame they were on when the crash occured.

I know that the old Series 1 Tivos used to have some sort of a 'watchdog' process that would reboot the system at the first sign of a lockup or crash... it was probably even a little overzealous. Never, even with my extensive hacking and prodding, did I ever get the unit to freeze up.... only reboot.

Why don't these new units react the same way? Is there a way to make them reboot, so I don't potentially lose a day's recordings? And is there any way to determine what's wrong without taking the box out of my rack and disassembling it to enable backdoors and retrieve the logfiles?

Thanks in advance.

·
Ub3r Techno Geek
425 Posts
If by upgraded you mean HD space, it could be a problem with the swap file not being initialized properly.. Check on DDB, they have some pretty good info about this..

Good luck,

--CroW

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.