TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone use a TiVo bolt with a marantz AV receiver? My TiVo remote can no longer control the volume on the marantz. I went through all of the code options that are listed for marantz and non-work. Everything has worked fine for the last 3 years until yesterday. Possibly there is a new remote code?

·
Ambassador to the City of Chicago
739 Posts
Does anyone use a TiVo bolt with a marantz AV receiver? My TiVo remote can no longer control the volume on the marantz. I went through all of the code options that are listed for marantz and non-work. Everything has worked fine for the last 3 years until yesterday. Possibly there is a new remote code?
Unless you had a firmware update for the Marantz, it's unlikely that the codes suddenly stopped working.

I'd try the following, in order:

Marantz original remote (does it work at all - if not, check the IR window on the receiver)
TiVo remote in IR mode with the Tivo (does it control the Tivo correctly in IR mode? If not, possibly an issue with the IR blaster on the remote)
Marantz front-panel controls (thing could've died entirely?)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unless you had a firmware update for the Marantz, it's unlikely that the codes suddenly stopped working.

I'd try the following, in order:

Marantz original remote (does it work at all - if not, check the IR window on the receiver)
TiVo remote in IR mode with the Tivo (does it control the Tivo correctly in IR mode? If not, possibly an issue with the IR blaster on the remote)
Marantz front-panel controls (thing could've died entirely?)
yes original remote works, so does the apple tv remote (controls marantz volume). And tivo remote controls tivo as it should.

·
Ambassador to the City of Chicago
739 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does the TiVo remote control the telly power like it should? Do you have another TiVo remote you can test with?

The easiest way is probably to perform a Global Reset and reprogram the Marantz code https://support.tivo.com/articles/Knowledge/How-to-Perform-a-Global-Reset-for-my-Remote-Control

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think I figured it out. Think the volume buttons going bad. Reprogrammed and saw for a brief second the volume of the screen, continued buttons gave me nothing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
yes original remote works, so does the apple tv remote (controls marantz volume). And tivo remote controls tivo as it should.
I've found the IR fails before the RF when the battery is getting low. So Tivo remote still works with the tivo and indicates it's sending a button press when trying to control receiver but the IR beam isn't strong enough. Try replacing batteries. It's quite baffling to guests as everything looks like there's no reason it shouldn't be working.

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
I've found the IR fails before the RF when the battery is getting low. So Tivo remote still works with the tivo and indicates it's sending a button press when trying to control receiver but the IR beam isn't strong enough. Try replacing batteries. It's quite baffling to guests as everything looks like there's no reason it shouldn't be working.
That's very true. The battery condition in System Information is 90% or higher with new batteries. It's 100% with lithium. I use lithium which are 100% until they die a quick death.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.