TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Tivo have a limit on how many times per day you can retrieve guide data?

I had to re-image y drive a few times yesterday. Now my Tivo appears to be working fine except there is no guide data. If I search for a show by name, it says "No Data". What's really strange is if I hit the guide button on the remote it works normally and I can see the programs that way.

Is fake call working (I don't think I installed it during tweak script)? How would I see it and turn it off? Does Tivo have a limit on how many time you can get the guide data?

I can connect and it will say succeed but still no data.

· Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BTUx9 said:
if this is a dtivo, it takes a while to index the data (since the tivo gets guide data in dribs and drabs through the satellite, not the phone call, it only reindexes periodically)
Naw, this is a SA 649DT. It sat all night so I know it wasn't just indexing. I started again from scratch. Maybe this will be the perfect install.

· Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The reimage didn't fix the problem. This is a real mystery.

I can use swivel to search and find programs then can add a season pass. I can then see them in my to do list but only that one program. I can hit the guide button, pick a show and add a season pass and again, just that show will be added to my todo list.

I cannot use the normal search and I have a black box at the bottom of the screen that says no guide data when I go into find programs. Any thoughts?

· Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gunnyman said:
you can run out guide data if you are a software release behind, are you on the most current release?
Yep, not sure why it did this but I called Tivo and they said nothing was wrong but I noticed it misteriously started working. This would have saved me an entire day of reimaging my Tivo had I of called them first...

When will I learn?

· Just a boring dude
36,220 Posts
Soapm said:
Yep, not sure why it did this but I called Tivo and they said nothing was wrong but I noticed it misteriously started working. This would have saved me an entire day of reimaging my Tivo had I of called them first...

When will I learn?
we fight calling support because it's almost always painful.
I would have done it last myself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.