TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an optical output on my tivo and set it into my surround sound reciever, i cant get it to output in dolby digital. I called Directv support and they were idiots. My tivo is set to record in dolby digital so i played an episode of OC my sisters had recorded but it was in Pro Logic, so i tried Football on Fox and that was also in prologic. My reciever is does dolby digital from my dvd player, i have the Samsung tivo box i that helps.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Unless you are recording the HDTV version of the broadcast networks (which your Tivo can't do), you are only going to get pro logic. The standard versions of CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX, etc do not have DD capabilities.

·
Lost in Big Bend
2,450 Posts
The only DD things I've recorded on mine were on the movie channels. None of my locals broadcast in DD for SD content.

·
DTV + Tvio = ;-)
1,084 Posts
Dkerr24 said:
The only DD things I've recorded on mine were on the movie channels. None of my locals broadcast in DD for SD content.
Yep, HBO East & West, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.