TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Sissy Spacek and J.K. Simmons as leads, how can one resist? I churned through the first season's 8 episodes in a couple nights, so one could say it got my attention.

I liked the idea that there was something going on that was a bit creepy, and mysterious, yet also somewhat heart tugging, in the way it affected the old couple as well as the mother-daughter team in the South American portion of the story.

And I've decided that llamas are about the funkiest animals on the planet. I'd like to have one but the idea of grooming is a bit much.

The idea that the work-at-home lady next door actually passed on an unseen suitor #1 for Bryon just boggles. He is the kind of guy everyone knows and tries to avoid in any way possible. Shudder. Happy to see how things went for him but I wish they had happened sooner.

I confess that I don't understand just what the heck was going on in the story, and the ending didn't help me at all. I suppose I'll watch season 2 should there be one, always a bit nervous that Byron might still be involved somehow.

·
I am Groot!
64,458 Posts
The idea that the work-at-home lady next door actually passed on an unseen suitor #1 for Bryon just boggles.
She didn't pass on Suitor #1...he died. Byron, as he himself admitted, was the "consolation prize."

And obviously Byron is still alive, since they didn't show his dead, rotting corpse. ;)

(It's ironic, however, that keeping the suit on is what would have killed him!)

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Jude described that place as a “wasteland“, which it obviously wasn’t, but as it’s a place that people want to escape, (and Jude, who’s Mom is a powerful figure, also escaped), its not a place that one can just leave. Guess the dead guy was the one Jude killed. And how did Jude know immediately that they were in Bangkok?

Show was ok, but too slow at times, and one can only ask? “Why not use a drone?” 😁

·
All About Footwork
32,302 Posts
Jude described that place as a “wasteland“, which it obviously wasn’t, but as it’s a place that people want to escape, (and Jude, who’s Mom is a powerful figure, also escaped), its not a place that one can just leave. Guess the dead guy was the one Jude killed. And how did Jude know immediately that they were in Bangkok?

Show was ok, but too slow at times, and one can only ask? “Why not use a drone?” 😁
Jude's mom seems to be some sort of high priestess or even more powerful. She is not the woman at the end who caught the guardians. First of all, Jude would've recognized her. Second, she is the one who gave the order to find and kill Jude; which means she was on the inside when Jude ran away.

No way Byron is dead. He saw the city and kept walking towards it.

If the air is breathable, why did the mice die?

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,909 Posts
I finished this over the weekend. All at once it was both easy to follow and highly confusing. The surface story was easy to follow but the background story was not explained very well (intentionally?) This absolutely needs a second season because there's so much to learn about a lot of things.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
I finished this over the weekend. All at once it was both easy to follow and highly confusing. The surface story was easy to follow but the background story was not explained very well (intentionally?) This absolutely needs a second season because there's so much to learn about a lot of things.
I agree with this but if there is a 2nd season I will have it on a very short leash as things need to start being explained quickly. Not all of them necessarily at once but I won't go past maybe 2-3 more episodes if everything still remains a mystery.

·
Well-Known Mumbler
12,542 Posts
Jude should've explained more before he left (and especially before Denise decided to go with him). The jig was up at that point.

The breathable / not breathable atmosphere... Maybe the planet was only very, very recently terraformed? Or maybe the air is good at some times, but not others? Maybe it's only good during the day... in which case, they'd better hurry back! Maybe those giant petals close around the city at night to protect it.

·
I am Groot!
64,458 Posts

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,909 Posts

·
4 8 15 16 23 42
14,156 Posts
That really pisses me off, I was quite enjoying it. And like someone here said, a series of just JK Simmons & Sissy Spacek as an elderly couple living their lives together would have been a worthwhile watch.

One thing I was enjoying was the fact that they were playing older, so when they would have a flashback they could carry themselves differently so it wasn't just hair dye and makeup. JK in particular is such an amazing actor, and we all know he keeps himself in such great shape that it was awkward at first seeing him move slower and "achy". Now I'm wondering if maybe they can take it elsewhere.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Well hell. Probably wouldn't have bothered giving it a look had I known beforehand that it was already cancelled. It was so slow getting started, but by the end, I was left really wanting to know what happens next. It's not the first series I've jumped into late, and gotten interested, only to find out after the fact that it was over before it began.

There is just so much content out there. It's literally impossible to keep up with it all. Oh well. On to something else.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts