TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· UHD Addict
23,290 Posts
jmpage2 said:
Why are we paying extra for Tivo again?

:rolleyes:
I'm saving money with my TiVoHD. Comcast's HD DVR would cost more over 3 years than the TiVoHD will cost me.

· UHD Addict
23,290 Posts
jmpage2 said:
I think your situation is not the norm.

In any event, most consumers won't outlay $299 for Tivo HD and subscribe for 3-years at another $299 if it has picture quality issues not present on the cable company box.
I also got my tiVoHD for $250 and it's $6.95 a month. If I had the comcast HD DVR they would be charging me around $15 a month. They also aren't charging me for any of my cable cards with my Series 3. That's one reason I won't get CC for my TiVoHD, I don't want to mess up my current billing. It's been consistent for several months now, which I think is a record for me. It used to change every month and I had to constantly call to get them to correct everything.

· UHD Addict
23,290 Posts
ed_esi said:
I have a series 3 with mild pixelation. Time Warner came out and said that the signal booster that I had for my digital phone was providing too strong a signal.

The Tech stated that too strong a signal can cause pixelaton like too weak a signal. I have noted no change but my TW digital phone is acting up.

Question has anyone heard that too strong a single can effect HD TV and cause pixelation and freezing.

Thanks
Yes. With the DirecTV HR10-250 you sometimes had to attenuate the OTA signal if it was too strong.
It's always been that way with analog. I have that problem on my Comcast signal. Since they upgraded the cableplant my signal is too hot. If I conect it straight to the TV it will be a lousy picture. One I attenuate it 7dB the picture is crystal clear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.