TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
1,780 Posts
I have the Linksys WRT54G, this is a wireless G router, with 4 ports on the back for plugging in devices such as the PC and TiVo. I have 2 TiVo's each with the Linksys USB200M adapter. Both TiVo's and the PC are hard wired to the router (using ports 1-3 on the back). I have the wireless turned OFF, except when I need to use my laptop (which has a wireless card).

I am pretty happy with this setup. The WRT54G can be found for between $40-$50 after rebates, and the USB200M runs around $30. The only catch, make sure that you get VERSION 1 for the USB adapter. As you may know, version 2 is not currently compatible with TiVo.

To distinguish the difference between the two: Version 1 has a picture of an orange/white CD on the right side of the box, while version 2 has no CD image whatsoever on the right side of the box. It may take a bit of searching, but you should be able to find one. If not, you have other options, as other posters have mentioned.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.