TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
DTV + Tvio = ;-)
1,084 Posts
The Flush said:
I just ordered one of the free 40GB refurbed units from DTV. Shipping and tax totals $15.99.

I assume it is a series 2 since they are saying 40GB; I don't think there was ever a 40Gb R10, was there?
Nope.

·
DTV + Tvio = ;-)
1,084 Posts
Finnstang said:
I assume after you get the unit, you could just call and cancel the install appointment.
I was thinking the same thing. The email indicates that the unit will be sent to the installer though. But I'll take a bigger multiswitch in the process :D /

I'm thinking about leaving it on the bill for the Olympics, then take it off and keep as a backup.

·
DTV + Tvio = ;-)
1,084 Posts
Re-read the email and it does say shipping to my address. I "thought" during the signup online it indicated the installer. The email DOES show shipping to home though.

I'll still take the bigger multiswitch with the install. The email does seem to imply as long as it is activavated within 30 days of purchase (my install is not until 2/7) you are in the clear. If you don't want the install just activte it yourself and don't answer the door :) !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.