TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a Roamio (antenna ota version) off ebay with lifetime all-in service for my mom’s tv. The guy seems legit and I asked all pertinent questions on ebay communication before purchasing, so have a record of it. Is there a way to expedite things to make sure the service transfers correctly before I go to her home (Same tv channels for antenna, but she lives about 45 min. Away). Don’t want her overwhelmed with the process, and if it does not work if he turns out to be a fraud, I can work with ebay about that and don’t want her to know the trouble I have gone to. She lost her husband to covid and has had to move and downsize, so I am trying to give her a good tivo setup for creature comfort.

Basically, can I set up a tivo account in her name and use my internet/tv to get it transferred and then go to her house and change the wifi, but have a nice headstart to getting it up and running for her? Thanks for any advice. Ebay guy said he’d call and get a case number, but just crickets from him right now. Maybe he is busy with work. Anyway, I asked him all the right questions upfront and paid fair price. Thanks again for any help.
Laura

1 - 9 of 9 Posts