TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
No intent to annoy
1,565 Posts
Stanley Rohner said:
Must not be interested in the new HD Channels coming to DIRECTV in September.

The HR10-250 won't receive them.
Why do you continually post irrelevant anti-Tivo crap to threads in a Tivo forum?

"The lady doth protest too much" I think.

Attacking Tivo really won't make you feel better about the decision you have made.

·
No intent to annoy
1,565 Posts
TonyD79 said:
Oh well, enjoy your HR10. Enjoy paying 10 bucks a month for OTA and a handful of satellite stations that will go away while the rest of us pay the same amount and get more.
OK. I am wrong. There is obviously some compelling purpose for posting childish stuff like this, since half a dozen of you are doing it relentlessly. What am I missing? What is the motivation to come into a Tivo forum to thumb your nose at those who have chosen to stay with Tivo? I am far beyond complaining now, just bewildered.

·
No intent to annoy
1,565 Posts
20TIL6 said:
Makes you wonder if there are some DTV marketing dollars at work here.
There's no question about that, and there are some honest ones who will admit that marketing connection. But it doesn't account for all of it. Some of these people think they have a holy cause, leading us out of our Tivo bondage and into the DirecTV right. Others think if they shout loud enough they can overcome their doubts and convince themselves they have made the right decision.

The decision to abandon Tivo and go with a competitor is not automatically by defintion a wrong decsion. IF I couldn't get HiDef locals OTA (the best HiDef available), AND IF the DirecTV temporary stranglehold on some sports packages were crucial to my entertainment well-being, AND IF I could live with the DirecTV crippled "hidef lite" AND IF I _believed_, year after year after year all the pie in the sky HiDef promises from DirecTV, I might make the same decision.

The difference between me and these very strange people is that I would simply move my technical discussions of that competitor somewhere else. I would continue to participate in TCF discussions of various kinds, but I would not sh|t where I eat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.