TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Dumb Blond
46,696 Posts
designr said:
How do I force the download of the 6.3e slices so I can use the Slicer to upgrade my HR10 without wiping out all my hacks?
You can't force it. It may be sitting on your hard disk already - using TiVoWebPlus to look at the "swsystem" node in MFS will tell you.

·
Dumb Blond
46,696 Posts
I don't use scripts and have never heard of "Enhancement Script".

Enabling caller ID just means installing a piece of software that listens for the CID info and overlays it on the screen. By itself, it would not affect other hacks.

I have installed updates "in place" without losing hacks. I do it manually, so can't comment on what tools such as "Slicer" do. The basic approach is:

1. Edit the upgrade script to comment out the restart and add a parameter for version
2. Run the script naming the version to upgrade to
3. Copy a hack-enabling kernel to the other partition
4. Apply tivoapp patches as desired
5. Disable netfilter
6. Update the bootflags to specify the other partition
7. Restart

I have glossed over some details and probably left something out - haven't done this for a few months (I'm still running 6.3c, but 6.3e is on my disk.)

I will note that the tivoapp patch locations are different in 6.3e than in the earlier versions, so any scripts you use that haven't been updated won't work.

·
Dumb Blond
46,696 Posts
Well, then, you want a different forum. I can't link to it directly, but do a Google search for "TiVo DirecTiVo Hacking". You'll find a forum with "database" in its name. Start with the Newbie section, read the stickies. Then look at the Series 2 Support section.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.