TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I just bought a new sony HDTV and stopped at the cable company to pick up my new HD box. I currently have a Dual Tuner TiVo box that we just bought last Christmas. Is it possible to still use this box with the new HD TV & Cable Box? If so, how would I go about connecting it?

The TV does NOT have a card slot, so the cable box is still necessary

·
Let em' Roll
680 Posts
slevis said:
OK, I just bought a new sony HDTV and stopped at the cable company to pick up my new HD box. I currently have a Dual Tuner TiVo box that we just bought last Christmas. Is it possible to still use this box with the new HD TV & Cable Box? If so, how would I go about connecting it?

The TV does NOT have a card slot, so the cable box is still necessary
Probably, but you will not be able to use HD at its full potential.

Just replace the current box with the HD cable box and repeat guided set-up.

The cable box will need to have a RCA output (red/white/yellow) or you will not be able to attach it to the TiVo, buteven if it does, the output will be downconverted (i.e. not in HD).

-Roll

·
Astute User
11,392 Posts
Split cable from wall to cablebox and TiVo
S-video A/V from cable box to TiVo, Component or HDMI from cablebox to TV.
S-video A/V fro TiVo to TV. IR from TiVo to cable box.

Redo GS for cable Plus Box.

If it were me though, I'd get the TiVo its own cable box, or get a TiVoHD.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
classicsat said:
Split cable from wall to cablebox and TiVo
S-video A/V from cable box to TiVo, Component or HDMI from cablebox to TV.
S-video A/V fro TiVo to TV. IR from TiVo to cable box.

Redo GS for cable Plus Box.

If it were me though, I'd get the TiVo its own cable box, or get a TiVoHD.
and this setup will allow me to use TiVo as normal? or will I need to go switching inputs to watch recorded shows and then again for HDTV shows etc.?

I would upgrade, but my cable co doesn't allow me to just go and pick up the cable cards, they require a tech to come out to the house and that can take forever..... I just don't have the patience.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.