TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As promised, we've completed our testing and a new update is now available for TiVoHD. We believe this will alleviate the majority of issues people have reported with CableCards, specifically some issues with SA CableCards.

The software is mapped to all TiVoHD systems, you should see it on your box in the next couple of days (unless you are pressing 'connect to TiVo service now' repeatedly). ;)

We appreciate your patience through the resolution of these issues.

Cheers,
Pony

·
Registered
6,631 Posts
Summary for 8.1.7c2 Update
  • Yes, it eliminates pixelization and audio dropouts with Scientific Atlanta CableCards!
  • The new software only eliminates pixelization and audio dropouts on live TV and new recordings, not old recordings.
  • To enable 30s skip, use the Select-Play-Select-3-0-Select code while watching timeshifted programming, rather than recorded programming.

·
Ancient Member
797 Posts
TiVoPony said:
As promised, we've completed our testing and a new update is now available for TiVoHD. We believe this will alleviate the majority of issues people have reported with CableCards, specifically some issues with SA CableCards.
Thanks for the update Pony .. I will hit my "update now" over and over again in a moment .. Question for you .. (and I do hope you continue to observe this thread) .. can you list what issues those were that you believe have been alleviated?

Obviously there is the pixelation stuff .. but have you touched on the Dolby audio-drop out stuff (Ya know, where if you go to PCM you're fine... but who likes losing their Dolby) .. or is that waiting for the 8.3 merge?

Thanks again.. looking forward to testing it out!

-MirclMax

·
Ancient Member
797 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
TiVo Pony

Based on my own experience and postings on this website, S3 TiVos using SA cablecards seem to be less stable than those using Motorola cablecards.

Are you guys looking at SA cablecard issues with the S3 and is there a chance some of the TiVoHD fixes could help the S3's?

·
USS TiVo NCC-1780
471 Posts
chsscgas said:
TiVo Pony

Based on my own experience and postings on this website, S3 TiVos using SA cablecards seem to be less stable than those using Motorola cablecards.

Are you guys looking at SA cablecard issues with the S3 and is there a chance some of the TiVoHD fixes could help the S3's?
Yes...whats the story for the S3 users. I have had the macroblocking issue since 8.3 was installed.

·
Ancient Member
797 Posts
Just want to post an early optimistic response ... running "c2" for just a little bit now .. but it *seems* better.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Updated my tivo...............
All seems fabulous so far
1) No Audio Dropouts
2) No pixellation/macroblocking.
I tested it for about 45 minutes and then unfortunately had to get back to work.
But definitely see a huge improvement, in the time i tested the update had none of the aforementioned problems.
So there you go all you naysayers and skeptics (myself included) tivo proves you wrong again!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I happen to be home on vacation this week, and just forced a call......

Downloaded the 8.1.7c software and......

It SEEMS to have fixed my issues! (or at least improved it!) I haven't had chance to watch a full hour show yet, but so far NO macroblocking on my HD channels.... previously I had some macroblocking every couple of minutes...

I'll post again after I can spend more time with it.

For the record- 2 Single Stream SA cards, Charter Cable, Western Massachusetts

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
For those that report change (or no change), please post (a) what the CableCARD manufacturer is and (b) whether you are using single stream or multistream cards.

The person I want to hear most from is Chimpware ... :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Anyone know how long this takes to install?

I've been stuck at the "Almost there..Just a few minutes more..." screen for over 10 minutes.

I saw the pending restart, so I unplugged and rebooted.

It said it was installing a new update, rebooted and now I am stuck here.

Should I just unplug and try again?

1 - 20 of 113 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.