TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody who has the new TiVo-HD TiVo (652) tell me if the name they gave the unit is showing up in the System Information screen on the TiVo itself. Its been three days and my friends HD-TiVo name is still not on the SI screen, the unit showers activation and everything works so without MRV I know it's a small point but I am curious if the same thing thing is happening to others, also check if on-line scheduling works for you.

Thanks

Added 3:07PM EST

On Line scheduling just started to work on the 652 TiVo (for me anyways)

·
Neurostim Addict
1,451 Posts
You need to wait several days for the assigned name to reach the box.

·
What happened, TiVo?
2,219 Posts
ZikZak said:
You need to wait several days for the assigned name to reach the box.
First, it only takes about 24 hours. At least on my previous 6 Tivo's, that's all it took.

Second, there's a bug right now that is causing it not to come at all.

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From the responses I am getting I guess I not the only one to notice this problem of the name not showing up..but how about on-line scheduling, anybody successful with that ?

Sunday 3:07

on-line scheduling just started to work on the 652 (for me anyways)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem here with the name not showing up. Only started a few days ago with the "b" software update. Called Tivo and they said they are aware of the issue. I experience no ill effects though. All seems to work fine including tivo cast/unbox downloads.

·
UHD Addict
23,268 Posts
Scheduling is working but the names aren't for me. I had unplugged one of my S3 units when I was moving some components around and now it doesn't have a name in the sys info screen(just like my TiVoHD). But it will still download and schedule(just like my TiVoHD). I thought I heard that TiVo was having a problem with server that deals with this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.