TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed our new s2 Dual Tuner TiVo today to replace our single tuner S2 and found that the audio on one of the tuners was scrambled. The words sort of come out but there is a lot of interference and it is completely scrambled/static. I have called TiVo and re-plugged everything in the hopes of finding a dead cord to no luck. I am hoping someone out there has faced a similar problem, but have found nothing on the boards. Our set up is pretty basic (just followed the TiVo instructions)

Cable -- goes to splitter -- coils go to Cable Box (Motorola DCT2224) and to TiVo
A/V Cords connect TiVo to Cable Box and TV to TiVo, using a serial for channel changing and ethernet cord for network

I appreciate any advice on this, especially since the TiVo representative basically told me I either had a dead cord or a weak signal but changin gcords and plugging the Cable into a different outlet didn't work .... Thanks in Advance!!! :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for all the advice! I will defintely try and replace to better coax cables .... as for the input, its happening on all channels unfortunately. I am considering getting a signal booster too, does anyone have any experience with this??

Also, on my cable box there are a couple of inputs -- RF In & Cable In -- it was set up by the cable company w/the cable in .... should I have it in 'RF in'?? Right now there is a small coaxial connecting the RF In and something that says to 'TO RF in' ... The other weird thing is that the cable box shows a completely different channel than either Tuner ... thanks again!

1 - 2 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.