TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Tivo User
2,462 Posts
If you have to pay anything beyond the monthly lease fee... then it's a ripoff. I never understood paying $299 for the HR20 and still only getting to lease it. If you're leasing it then there should only be the monthly fee and that's it.

lancelot said:
Hey guys, today the price has been reduced to $79.

· Tivo User
2,462 Posts
I will wait for the Fantasy where the FCC requires Directv to use cable cards. Then when SA Tivos have that capability I might think about it.... if there absolutely no commitments involved to Directv.

Billy Bob Boy said:
I will wait with bated breath for my S4 fantasy Directivo. CC can keep this I am happy with my 40 hr tivo converted to 447 hours( Although it may(Will) die someday and i have the original drive so i can start all over again)

Or I may have to sink to the bottom of despair and usa a GULP %^%$#@#$#$# Directv POS.

· Tivo User
2,462 Posts
That's exactly my point... if I were even remotely interested in getting a Directv Tivo... I would not pay $79 or any other amount.... if it's not going to be owned by me.

Billy Bob Boy said:
Let me know when its down to $0 including shipping. Since I don't own it that is how much i am willing to pay :D :D

Considering the fact that 1. It is only a 40 hour and 2. If i modify it to have more capacity and have to someday give it back and they can charge some outrageous fee for voiding the warranty it is not worth even 79 bucks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.