TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are listed on the CircuitCity website for $88.00, there are a couple of recent reviews (July 2007) so maybe they found some in a corner and are selling, ......correction selling/leasing them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
641 Posts
bwash said:
These are listed on the CircuitCity website for $88.00, there are a couple of recent reviews (July 2007) so maybe they found some in a corner and are selling, ......correction selling/leasing them.
Yeah I saw that last nite as well, they must have snatched em up from someone or somewhere, still kinda pricy compared to an ebay buy but then again it is a brand new unit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
i dont' have directv, but my parents do and might consider getting this for them.... i am curious, even though you purchase this and own it you still have to pay a lease fee to directv? and i assume there is the tivo subscription fee on these as well, yes?
 

·
Lord of Darkness
Joined
·
1,557 Posts
The units that Circuit City sell are "Owned" not Leased. You own them.

Circuit City as well as others still sell Directv/Tivo units. They occasionly find some in the back room somewhere. The R10's also sometimes come up.

Lazlo123:

You purchase and own the unit correct. With Directv you pay a flat $5.99 a Month DVR Fee (included in some Base Packages) no matter how many DVR units you have: 1, 2 10 etc.

You do not pay a lease fee. You pay a Receiver fee (First unit on account Free, each additional Unit is $4.99 a Month). This is known as the Mirror Fee.

There are NO Tivo fees at all with Directv/Tivo units. In other words: NO SUBSCRIPTION fees.

So basically: $5.99 a Month DVR Fee.
First unit: Free
Each additonal Unit: $4.99 a Month.

One unit would cost you: $5.99 a Month. Two units would cost: $10.98 a Month. etc etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wolflord11 said:
The units that Circuit City sell are "Owned" not Leased. You own them.
I am afraid that this unit IS under lease (even though you buy it).

When you add it to your shopping cart you have to agree to the DirecTv lease agreement. Here are the first couple of lines of a full page agreement that a buyer will see.

DIRECTV EQUIPMENT LEASE ADDENDUM

Thank you for choosing DIRECTV. By signing this Equipment Lease Addendum, you agree to abide by the following terms and conditions.

So please, buyer beware.
 

·
Lord of Darkness
Joined
·
1,557 Posts
Interesting when Directv stopped leasing Directv/Tivo units some time back.

Also, if you look at the Directv units they have "leased" in the Title. This unit does not have that. Maybe call Circuit City and ask them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
From the product info page.
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sams...89307/catOid/-12877/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

DIRECTV monthly lease fee of $4.99. Each additional receiver applies

Note: DIRECTV services are sold separately. A maximum of six (6) receivers may be leased per year, but not more than two (2) DVR receivers, two (2) HD receivers and one (1) HD DVR receiver may by leased in a given year. On approved credit. A programming commitment is required and sold separately.
 

·
Lord of Darkness
Joined
·
1,557 Posts
or270 said:
From the product info page.
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sams...89307/catOid/-12877/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

DIRECTV monthly lease fee of $4.99. Each additional receiver applies

Note: DIRECTV services are sold separately. A maximum of six (6) receivers may be leased per year, but not more than two (2) DVR receivers, two (2) HD receivers and one (1) HD DVR receiver may by leased in a given year. On approved credit. A programming commitment is required and sold separately.
This is the standard fee be it you Own your units or Lease them.

We still need to confirm if the units are Owned or leased.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
It is a leased unit, Says in 2 places in the description and when you checkout you have to agree to a lease addendum, also a 2 year commitment.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,200 Posts
lancelot said:
Hey guys, today the price has been reduced to $79.
Not bad 79 just to have it in your possesion temporarily untill you have to give it back someday + 2 more years on commit. I am out of my commitment HMMMM Is it worth 79 for 1 more tivo and 2 more years.
 

·
Tivo User
Joined
·
2,462 Posts
If you have to pay anything beyond the monthly lease fee... then it's a ripoff. I never understood paying $299 for the HR20 and still only getting to lease it. If you're leasing it then there should only be the monthly fee and that's it.

lancelot said:
Hey guys, today the price has been reduced to $79.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,200 Posts
magnus said:
If you have to pay anything beyond the monthly lease fee... then it's a ripoff. I never understood paying $299 for the HR20 and still only getting to lease it. If you're leasing it then there should only be the monthly fee and that's it.
Car leases are that way also. XXXXX due on signing. The price you pay goes to the retail outlet you get it from( I assume). I wonder if you have to activate right away as well. Like you did in the old days. I would like to buy one and hold it for a while. But i am sure in the agreement there is something that says it has to be activated within 30 days or some such crap.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,200 Posts
Whew Almost made a boo boo! I assumed because i went through the purchase without a D* Account # I could activate whenever i wanted. But in the lease agreement it states must activate in 30 days or get hit with a 150 dollar charge. Also it says this.


YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU HAVE NOT PURCHASED THE DIRECTV EQUIPMENT, YOU DO NOT OWN THE DIRECTV EQUIPMENT AND THE DIRECTV EQUIPMENT MUST BE USED AND RETURNED TO DIRECTV STRICTLY IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TERMS OF THIS EQUIPMENT LEASE ADDENDUM AND THE DIRECTV CUSTOMER AGREEMENT


So it is a Lease for sure. Thank god I cancelled right away. They dont need your D* # just your Credit card # Which they will bill you if you dont abide. WHEWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,200 Posts
lancelot said:
Hey guys, today the price has been reduced to $79.
Let me know when its down to $0 including shipping. Since I don't own it that is how much i am willing to pay :D :D

Considering the fact that 1. It is only a 40 hour and 2. If i modify it to have more capacity and have to someday give it back and they can charge some outrageous fee for voiding the warranty it is not worth even 79 bucks.

I will wait with bated breath for my S4 fantasy Directivo. CC can keep this I am happy with my 40 hr tivo converted to 447 hours( Although it may(Will) die someday and i have the original drive so i can start all over again)

Or I may have to sink to the bottom of despair and usa a GULP %^%$#@#$#$# Directv POS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Billy Bob Boy said:
Not bad 79 just to have it in your possesion temporarily untill you have to give it back someday + 2 more years on commit. I am out of my commitment HMMMM Is it worth 79 for 1 more tivo and 2 more years.[/QUOTE

Well, that's something to think about. Att U-verse just came to my area, so I was thinking about giving it a try, but I still have a ways to go on my commitment.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,200 Posts
lancelot said:
Billy Bob Boy said:
Not bad 79 just to have it in your possesion temporarily untill you have to give it back someday + 2 more years on commit. I am out of my commitment HMMMM Is it worth 79 for 1 more tivo and 2 more years.[/QUOTE

Well, that's somnething to think about. Att U-verse just came to my area, so I was thinking about giving it a try, but I still have a ways to go on my commitment.
I would LOVE an alternative to D*. Unfortunately where my home is located on the property All I can get is Satellite and since Dish is out I am screwed until some form of entertainment comes to my area Via Phone lines( Something GOOD)

My situation is the nearest alternative is Comcast and the nearest comcast box from my house is close to 1/4 mile away.(Huge property). If i was willing to spend like 10,000 comcast would wire me up :eek: :eek: ( Not worth it) My only options at the moment are D* And Dish. D* is the lesser of 2 evils :up:
 

·
Tivo User
Joined
·
2,462 Posts
I will wait for the Fantasy where the FCC requires Directv to use cable cards. Then when SA Tivos have that capability I might think about it.... if there absolutely no commitments involved to Directv.

Billy Bob Boy said:
I will wait with bated breath for my S4 fantasy Directivo. CC can keep this I am happy with my 40 hr tivo converted to 447 hours( Although it may(Will) die someday and i have the original drive so i can start all over again)

Or I may have to sink to the bottom of despair and usa a GULP %^%$#@#$#$# Directv POS.
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top