TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my new Series 3 today. Not the HD lite but the first S3. It was brand new in an unopened box. I plugged it in and the "Welcome! Powering Up Screen" does not change. It's been like that for about 40 minutes straight. I've unplugged & replugged it a few times but still the same. Again, it's a brand new S3 that came in an unopened factory box.
Any suggestion?

magnum68

·
Sr Legacy Member
446 Posts
magnum68 said:
I received my new Series 3 today. Not the HD lite but the first S3. It was brand new in an unopened box. I plugged it in and the "Welcome! Powering Up Screen" does not change. It's been like that for about 40 minutes straight. I've unplugged & replugged it a few times but still the same. Again, it's a brand new S3 that came in an unopened factory box.
Any suggestion?

magnum68
Disk failure. I would immediately return. It rarely happens, but it can happen.

·
Sr Legacy Member
446 Posts
magnum68 said:
I wonder if tivo set the hard drive's jumper in the wrong place.
It's truly a new unit right? Was it upgraded?

If it's truly brand new, don't open the case...just let it run all night...worse case you'll need to return it. If you open it up, you'll screw your chances on a succesful return.

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
d_anders said:
It's truly a new unit right? Was it upgraded?

If it's truly brand new, don't open the case...just let it run all night...worse case you'll need to return it. If you open it up, you'll screw your chances on a succesful return.
It's 100% new. I wouldn't even dare to open it up. I was just curious about the jumper settings. I hope it clears up by tomorrow morning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.