TiVo Community Forum banner
13101 - 13120 of 13134 Posts

· TiVoholic by the bay
14,943 Posts
I'm now getting this
RemoteInit - (IP=192.168.0.106, port=1413): Received fatal alert: certificate_expired
when kmttg tries to connect to my tivos. I had updating now playing earlier today.

Is this the certificate in kmttg timeout thing? or is it something that will be fixed on tivos end?
Update to at least v2.5a-l.

Reactions: tluxon

· Registered
46 Posts
Update to at least v2.5a-l.
I'm running v2.4p and I grabbed the zip with the 2 files, cdata.p12 and cdata.password which I placed in the top level kmttg folder, alongside kmttg.jar and it works again.

I was unable to use the certificate program; I tried both the reported passwords, but in both cases it said bad password.

But my rtivo.tcl program is now working again. Thanks to all those who are now supporting kmttg!

· Registered
1,539 Posts
Thanks to everyone for their work to keep kmttg running!!!

Links to help others maybe find things a little bit easier ...

Updated certificate with password. Download and unzip into your kmttg folder.

lart2150's latest kmttg release with updates and bug fixes. Will update certificate with latest password.

· Registered
34 Posts
I've pushed v2.6
I started up my kmttg 2.4p today, and it died with a cert failure, as you all know already. I found this discussion and link, and it's Just Working now :) . Thanks so much for picking up the torch and keeping this going, it's still such a cool collection of functionality!

Rob T

· I Am Sometimes Vocal
981 Posts
Hi, well I wish I would have came here very early this morning instead of wasting 2+ hours playing with the darn thing and not getting anywhere (and I have a bookmark for this thread!)...LOL. The certificate must have expired at midnight today, because I know I surely used it yesterday before midnight...It drove me nuts! This new one does work fine, BUT not knowing why I was getting the errors, like an idiot, I updated the Java 8 to the current 351 from 231? (My pc is on W7, but my laptop on W10 is on 231, and it does not get the error).

Aborted setup due to error:javafx.scene.control.Tooltip$TooltipBehavior.<init>(javafx.util.Duration, javafx.util.Duration, javafx.util.Duration, boolean)
Aborted setup due to error:javafx.scene.control.Tooltip$TooltipBehavior.<init>(javafx.util.Duration, javafx.util.Duration, javafx.util.Duration, boolean)

I get the 2 errors when I execute the program in the cmd box, but like I said, it don't seem to affect anything.

Thanks for fixing this AND THANKS FOR KMTTG ALL THESE YEARS! I was having a little fit because it was so weird and I download recordings and edit them and put them on my YT channel (mostly news and stuff).

· FUBAR
4,983 Posts
I continue to use the autoskip feature of kmttg. I see that the Tivo autoskip data has got much worse since Tivo automated the skip process. I manually review the KMTTG skip data in VideoReDo, adjust the commercial cuts, save the edits and import them back into kmttg so they jump correctly on Tivo. The type of errors I regularly see in the autoskp data are missed promos at either the beginning or end of a commercial segment, missed local news commercial segments usually before a commercial segment, and 4-10 second commercial segments typically in Law & Order shows during their black screen cuts between scenes. I think all of these errors are Tivo related, and not KMTTG.
In addition to the bad skip points making kmttg's autoskip function worthless to me, it would randomly cause my Roamio w/TE3 to crash and reboot when it ran. After I stopped using kmttg's skip collector I never see a reboot. For sure a Tivo issue and not kmttg, but it was annoying.

· Registered
2,255 Posts
With the android update we got a early Christmas present. The current mind cert expires December of next year. The attached cert expires May 3rd 2024. Assuming we don't get another kmttg update you'll need to extract this zip in the kmttg folder.
This fixed the error for SSL certificate expired for me.

Thanks to whom ever created this fix.

· Allan
2,313 Posts
Truly sorry if I'm asking the same question as others, but I don't see the same error listed in the past few pages of the thread. I have just started getting the following error when I try to refresh a tivo:

sun.security.ssl.HandshakeContext.dispatch(Unknown Source)

Is the solution to install 2.6-1 or is there something else I need to do? Thank you.

· Registered
8,447 Posts
Truly sorry if I'm asking the same question as others, but I don't see the same error listed in the past few pages of the thread. I have just started getting the following error when I try to refresh a tivo:

sun.security.ssl.HandshakeContext.dispatch(Unknown Source)

Is the solution to install 2.6-1 or is there something else I need to do? Thank you.
Install 2.6.1

· Registered
2,414 Posts
I mostly use kmttg running on a Raspberry Pi running Buster, to rebuild skip tables at 3 AM, and perform autoskip during the day. I updated to v2.6-l with openjavafx 11. Used "sudo apt install openjfx" to get openjfx 11. The Rpi also runs pi-hole and a print server, so it runs 24/7.

I haven't don't a lot of testing, and there are some error messages when launching, but the pie charts in "Disk Usage" appear to be working. One issue: in Configure/Tivos, the help text when hovering over fillable text fields uses a black on black font, so it is completely unreadable.

Launched with "java --module-path /usr/share/openjfx/lib --add-modules javafx.web -jar ./kmttg.jar"

Note that "javaw" is a windows thing, Linux only uses "java"

Much thanks to lart2150 for keeping kmttg alive!

· Registered
23 Posts
I don't know if this is a bug carrying over to the fork or not but I thought I'd mention it. While having "Enable RPC style communications with this Tivo" enabled (checked) is likely desirable, I was trying something and noted that I can't toggle it off for a particular Tivo as when I then hit OK in the Tivo dialog, the following error is produced:

Is this a known issue? Or perhaps changing this setting is blocked (required)? I guess it's not causing an issue but I'm otherwise curious.

Also, I added a "+1" to the posted issue regarding the hover over tooltips being practically unreadable (blackened out). Since I can never remember what every option does that is causing an issue (for me ;-) ).

· Registered
363 Posts
I was thinking about making a thread asking "Which TiVos support season/episode info", but I suspect that that info is right here in kmttg. I know Bolt and Edge support s#e# info, but do older models (like Roamio or Premiere) also support it? And with those older models, will the s#e# info show up in the metadata episodeNumber like for the Edge and Bolt (of course, just as an integer). (Never liked the loss of the Episode number info in the new guide data after the Rovi update :( )

And one kmttg-specific question - which of those older models support downloading of the "To Do" info? (The documentation indicates that the 'Remote' tab is available on Series 4 and later models, but do all of those models support the 'To Do' list?)

13101 - 13120 of 13134 Posts