TiVo Community Forum banner
13021 - 13040 of 13059 Posts

·
Old !*#$% Tinkerer!
1,554 Posts
Out of curiosity, why do some programs need to "call" for extended metadata (Obtaining extended metadata for: / extended metadata acquired) while others don't (when AutoSkip exporting cut points to comskip edl file:)?
Code:
Obtaining extended metadata for: FBI: International - One Kind of Madman
extended metadata acquired
AutoSkip exporting cut points to comskip edl file: C:\TiVo\kmttg\Output\mpg\FBI International - s01e09 - One Kind of Madman 2022-01-04_2059 WCBSDT 2022-01-04.edl
Obtaining extended metadata for: FBI: Most Wanted - Incendiary
AutoSkip exporting cut points to comskip edl file: C:\TiVo\kmttg\Output\mpg\FBI Most Wanted - s03e10 - Incendiary 2022-01-04_2159 WCBSDT 2022-01-04.edl
Obtaining extended metadata for: New Amsterdam - Talking' Bout A Revolution
AutoSkip exporting cut points to comskip edl file: C:\TiVo\kmttg\Output\mpg\New Amsterdam - s04e11 - Talking Bout A Revolution 2022-01-04_2202 WNBCDT 2022-01-04.edl
AutoSkip exporting cut points to comskip edl file: C:\TiVo\kmttg\Output\mpg\The Blacklist - s09e07 - Between Sleep and Awake 2022-01-06_1959 WNBCDT 2022-01-06.edl
AutoSkip exporting cut points to comskip edl file: C:\TiVo\kmttg\Output\mpg\Law and Order Organized Crime - s02e10 - Nemesis 2022-01-06_2159 WNBCDT 2022-01-06.edl

·
Registered
52 Posts
With the android update we got a early Christmas present. The current mind cert expires December of next year. The attached cert expires May 3rd 2025. Assuming we don't get another kmttg update you'll need to extract this zip in the kmttg folder.
I extracted the zip to my kmttg folder but how do I verify it is working. Btw, these files were absent in my original kmttg installation. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks like you didn't get a reply. I searched the folders inside KMTTG and didn't find either of those files in the zip. Did you figure out where its supposed to go?
Mike
Unzip to the same folder 'kmttg.jar' is located. If KMTTG sees cdata.p12 and cdata.password in it's program directory, it will use that. If you remove/rename the cdata.password file, KMTTG will throw an exception and that is your confirmation that you unzipped to the correct location... just make sure to restore the file/name (cdata.password) when you plan to run for real.

·
Registered
2 Posts
With the android update we got a early Christmas present. The current mind cert expires December of next year. The attached cert expires May 3rd 2025. Assuming we don't get another kmttg update you'll need to extract this zip in the kmttg folder.
Is there an easy way to see when the cert expires? I know you said May 3rd 2025... but I'm wondering if it's something I can determine via script on my Linux box...

·
Premium Member
10,256 Posts
Is there an easy way to see when the cert expires? I know you said May 3rd 2025... but I'm wondering if it's something I can determine via script on my Linux box...
I'd like to know that myself, tbh. :)
Handwaving a lot of details away, and making a few assumptions about file formats known to be true in tivo's case.... (I can elaborate later if desired), but assuming you have a cdata.p12, cdata.password, and are running on a linux system (or a windows system with openssl installed), the following command will give you the answer:

Code:
openssl pkcs12 -in cdata.p12 -passin file:cdata.password -nodes | openssl x509 -text -noout | grep "Not"
   Not Before: May  3 18:56:36 2021 GMT
   Not After : May  3 18:56:36 2024 GMT
Obviously that's a one-liner that combines a few steps, you can do them out step at a time if you like:
Code:
  # Extract and decrypt the p12 comments to a standard .pem chain
  openssl pkcs12 -in cdata.p12 -passin file:cdata.password -nodes > cert_chain.txt
  # Look at the three certs and the key, in a file
  cat cert_chain.txt
  # view the details of the first certificate in the file
   openssl x509 -in cert_chain.txt -noout -text
  # read the validity section with your own eyes instead of using Grep
Someone upthread said May 3 2025, I'm assuming that was just a typo at the time, it looks like May 3, 2024.

The cert I had on hand before that said:
Code:
  Not Before: Dec 12 00:24:50 2019 GMT
  Not After : Dec 12 00:24:50 2022 GMT
And before that:
Code:
   Not Before: Dec 19 00:55:58 2017 GMT
   Not After : Dec 19 00:55:58 2020 GMT

·
Premium Member
10,256 Posts
If you are on Windows, you can use Certutil -dump cdata.p12 < cdata.password
Hehe, thanks for the reminder. I do so much of my work on linux servers these days that I just also put openssl on all my windows boxes - I forgot windows even had a tool to display certs. certutil -dump -split is also damn handy, and easier than performing the same task using native linux tools.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Someone upthread said May 3 2025, I'm assuming that was just a typo at the time, it looks like May 3, 2024.
That's what I'm seeing as well.

If you are on Windows, you can use Certutil -dump cdata.p12 < cdata.password
I forgot about this command too - thanks. Using it, I got the following date on the cert:

NotBefore: 5/3/2021 12:56 PM
NotAfter: 5/3/2024 12:56 PM

(I'm in Central Time Zone in the US)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just changed over my Premiere (which has been recording/encoding/transferring MP4s flawlessly for over a year) for a Bolt and cannot get KMTTG to see the Tivo recordings whatever I do. The app does seem to be trying to get the Now Playing List from the Bolt (Living Room?) There appears to be some sort of handshake failure.

Could anyone point me to where or how I can correct this please? Is this fixed on the Bolt in settings or on the app?

Refreshing encoding profiles
> Getting Now Playing List from <Living Room> ...
http IO exception for: https://192.168.1.2/TiVoConnect?Com...aying&Recurse=Yes&ItemCount=32&AnchorOffset=0
Received fatal alert: handshake_failure
Failed to retrieve Now Playing List from <Living Room>
Check YOUR MAK & IP settings

An interesting point is that in my network settings, the Bolt seems to be located at 192.168.1.3
Shouldnt this discrepancy be detected automatically and/or where do I reconcile this if this is the problem? I moved the Premiere into another room, I wonder if it is still occupying 192.168.1.2?

·
TiVoholic by the bay
14,636 Posts
Shouldnt this discrepancy be detected automatically and/or where do I reconcile this if this is the problem?
In KMTTG, go to Config (Ctrl-O), then the Tivo tab, there is a drop down for the list of Tivos, select the problem unit (Bolt), correct the IP address, Click save on the bottom (must be done for each Tivo changed.)

Reactions: DManzaluni

·
TiVoholic by the bay
14,636 Posts
Check in the Bolt (or other units) under System Information, Tivotogo: should have a,a,a,a.

Something else to try is to reboot the Tivo.

Reactions: DManzaluni

·
Registered
50 Posts
No, that didnt do it, still getting over 20 server redirects while trying to retrieve NowPlaying list. Could it be something to do with that long complex number in the program options tab under MAK? Is there some need to change the media access key if I change the Premiere box to the Bolt?
ram
http IO exception for: https://192.168.1.3/TiVoConnect?

EDIT: The MAK was completely wrong! I changed it but the setting didnt seem to take. However, then when I restarted the program, it demanded a re-download of the tools. When I did that, it noticed my having deleted the old MAK and demanded the new one. Then, under locations, (4th line down) the Bolt disappeared. Only FILES and Remote appears.

Meanwhile I think I did something stupid. i made a shortcut from the KMTTG dir. I copied the executable file and pasted it onto the desktop.

Starting the app from the desktop results in nothing working. NOW Starting from the KMTTG directory seems to let everything work fine!'

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I want to test something before I put more time into it to see if it works for others.

I've tweaked the web auth for kmttg to use the domain token. Right now you need to pass it a domain token but if this works for others I'll write the code to get a domain token from a username/password. To get a domain token login to online.tivo.com. once you have logged in get the value of your domain token cookie (it should be about 200 characters long). With the linked build below change your username to the domain token. I plan on pushing the code change to github later today. I'm not sure when I'll work on the auth code to get the domain token from a username/password.

edit: I pushed the code to GitHub - lart2150/kmttg I started work on generating the domain token from a username/password. It works but it's not hooked up and there is not really any error checking.

edit2: I've pulled that build as I have a better build now that will generate the domain token for you :) New program for 1 step TTG downloads, decryption...

·
Cranky old novice
9,481 Posts
As a convenence, detailed instructions for getting your domain token via the Edge browser are provided in text document “DomainToken.txt” attached to the first post in the Metagenerator 3 thread:

Also @Soapm has provided instructions for getting the token via the FireFox browser in post #’s 851 and 854 of that thread. I don’t use Firefox so have not tested those instructions myself.

EDIT 12 June 2022:
The instructions using Fire Fox are now included in “DomainToken.txt”

·
Registered
93 Posts
I finished up the code so you can now enter a username/passsword like before and it will refresh the domain token when it's needed (about every 7 days). This build also has the updated cert that expires in about 2 years.

I don't know if it's needed anywhere other than search++ but it seems like it only tries once per launch to get the token. I also added a button on the config screen to the right of the password to force a token refresh. I have not fully tested that it will correctly auto refresh but it should.

·
TiVoholic by the bay
14,636 Posts
I finished up the code so you can now enter a username/passsword
Your login/pw are in the config and should be remove, if you are publicizing it.

Reactions: pl1
13021 - 13040 of 13059 Posts