TiVo Community Forum banner
12661 - 12680 of 13059 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
oooh, you mean the actual file settings. I was going to suggest looking into the filename settings.

do you mean the time on the tivo? otherwise, if you mean the downloaded file, they're likely to be within a minute or two anyway?
No, I mean on the file on my computer. I have a large archive of old .TiVo files. Say for example 01x01 of Show X is on my computer with a time date stamp when I originally copied it. 13 Oct 2012 @ 00:57.

Today, I take kmttg - run decypt on it, and the resultant file has a time date stamp of when decrypt was run, not the original file date/time.

What I'm looking to do is see if there's a way for kmttg to retain the time date stamp of 13 Oct 2012 @ 00:57 automatically. I can do that myself manually, but it's a big pain, as I have to do it one by one for each file. Was really hoping there was a way for kmttg to retain the time/date stamp from the .TiVo file to the decrypted file automatically.

·
TiVoholic by the bay
14,597 Posts
What I'm looking to do is see if there's a way for kmttg to retain the time date stamp of
There is nothing that can do that. The only way you might be able to do it is to reset the computer clock prior to doing the file transfer/job, etc.

·
Registered
816 Posts
There is nothing that can do that. The only way you might be able to do it is to reset the computer clock prior to doing the file transfer/job, etc.
That's still manual, and would need to be done for each file. I was just hoping there was something I was missing where it could read the time/date stamp of the source file and do something with it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
That's still manual, and would need to be done for each file. I was just hoping there was something I was missing where it could read the time/date stamp of the source file and do something with it.
You want the Windows equivalent of the unix touch command touch(1) - Linux manual page
Code:
touch -r original-file new-file
That would set the date of the new-file to that of the original-file. I'm pretty sure there is a Windows equivalent but didn't find it in 3 minutes of googling.

·
Registered
816 Posts
You want the Windows equivalent of the unix touch command touch(1) - Linux manual page
Code:
touch -r original-file new-file
That would set the date of the new-file to that of the original-file. I'm pretty sure there is a Windows equivalent but didn't find it in 3 minutes of googling.
Well, I'm on a Mac, and I have been doing that from Terminal, but it occurred to me there should be a way to automate it. This is what I've been doing:

touch -t 201612072340.23 01* (after manually looking at time/date of old file)

I didn't know there was a way to pick up the date like that. I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
325 Posts
@Joe Siegler Since you are comfortable doing stuff from the terminal I thought this might help.
However it may need some tweaking because AFAIK the Mac bash is outdated, but here's a bash script that might help you:

Code:
#! /usr/bin/env bash
# Find every mp4 file and set it's timestamp to that of the matching tivo file

for vid_file in *.mp4
do
    # remove the vid_file extension and append .tivo
    tivo_file=${vid_file%.*}.tivo

# check that the tivo file exists
    if [[ -f $tivo_file ]]
    then
        # make the date of the vid file match the tivo file
        touch -r $tivo_file $vid_file
    fi
done

·
Registered
12,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12,669 ·
If anyone has ability to provide DECRYPTED .IPA file of latest TiVo iOS app please PM me. The current certificate kmttg is using for MindRPC functionality expires December of this year and so unless a newer one is found along with reverse engineering the password then kmttg will permanently lose all RPC functionality.
Thanks.
BUMP. Still no responses.
Final BUMP. Note that without RPC functionality I consider this a dead project and will probably abandon it altogether.

·
Registered
816 Posts
@Joe Siegler Since you are comfortable doing stuff from the terminal I thought this might help.
However it may need some tweaking because AFAIK the Mac bash is outdated, but here's a bash script that might help you:
Default terminal is now zsh. I'll take a look at it. Tkx for the idea.

·
Cranky old novice
9,481 Posts
@dlfl How does Metagenerator 3 get its show series/episode numbers? I'm guessing it does it differently than kmttg which uses the TiVo MindRPC?
I give him PEM certificate file based on kmttg certificate, so that is same one expiring in December.
MG3's primary source for almost all TV series metadata is theTVDB.com. TiVo mind RPC is used only for seriesID and programID and if a valid certificate file isn't found by December those items will no longer be available.

·
Registered
12,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12,675 ·
Is there any chance the PEM certificate could be extracted from an Android version of the TiVo app?
Doubtful. I did get in contact with someone who is looking at that but I don't think it's going anywhere. The last 4 certificates have come from the iOS app, so that's the one we figured out how to reverse engineer a while back, but can only be done from decrypted .IPA. Also note there's no guarantee even with decrypted .IPA file that I can figure out the password for the certificate if the obfuscation method of the password has changed significantly compared to older iOS apps.

·
Registered
816 Posts
It worked! Made it super easy to pick up an entire directory of changes. Only thing I had to change was rename all my files. This script didn't like the fact that my filenames had a ton of spaces in them, and that caused the script to fail.

I used "Better Finder Rename" to replace all the spaces with an underscore. Ran the script, and bam - did what I wanted. Re-ran the Rename program to reverse the space and underscore thing, and it did exactly what I wanted.

Thanks a ton for that! Major time saver.

·
Registered
12,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12,678 ·
wait, do you mean even show downloading won't work?

If that'll still work, I hope it's kept available.
With crappy metadata downloads will work, but I don't download from TiVos and only the rpc functionality of kmttg is useful to me and that's going away. Frankly I'm sick of outrageous cable bills and TiVo is not what it once was, so my interest has declined considerably anyway, so this is the final nail.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Per information I was told what worked in the past was Jailbreaking the iOS device using jailbreaks like electra or unc0ver which then allow retrieving and decrypting the .ipa file. However those methods apparently only work properly for older iOS versions 11.x or earlier. My contact had to use different jailbreak method (checkra1n) for newer iOS releases, but then was not able to decrypt the .ipa file properly. So would seem it's easier for old versions of iOS.
Did your contact try to use frida-ios-dump when attempting to decrypt the .IPA file?

·
Registered
7,677 Posts
Doubtful. I did get in contact with someone who is looking at that but I don't think it's going anywhere. The last 4 certificates have come from the iOS app, so that's the one we figured out how to reverse engineer a while back, but can only be done from decrypted .IPA. Also note there's no guarantee even with decrypted .IPA file that I can figure out the password for the certificate if the obfuscation method of the password has changed significantly compared to older iOS apps.
Hopefully someone will be able to provide this before December. :(

Scott

12661 - 12680 of 13059 Posts