TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey Kevin,

Thanks for the program...this is really slick and although I havent received my Tivo yet (its being shipped) this looks to be really cool and I appreciate it. Also am getting into Perl too.

Thanks again for your efforts...

Preston

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sorry, kinda new with all this...

Does the Tivodecode that is used here decode the tivo file into an .mpg format that allows the HD Dvd authoring that is discussed in other thread on this forum?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi Kevin,

I love this program and have been using it without any problems at all (once I got the directory paths pointing correctly).

Is there anyway to break up a broadcast into chunks of 1 hour sections (or some predetermined time duration)?

I use the HD-DVD recording scenario (yes I am still using my HD-DVD player
for this and my library of HD-DVD videos....I often tape them to my Betamax ;) ) would like to break up the broadcast into smaller pieces to get them to fit in the 45 minutes that can fit on a standard DVD disk when recording HD-DVD.

Is this a limitation of the programs that are being called by kmttg?

Thanks for a great program!!!

Preston

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi Kevin,

I want to upgrade to latest version, whats best approach for doing so? I am on v0.3e

Also wanted to bump this cause its such a awesome program!

Best Regards,
Preston

·
Registered
53 Posts
Never mind ...I see on your website the instructions:

"NOTE: If you already an older version installed, you can simply replace your old kmttg.pl file with the new one in this zip file"

Still an awesome program and deserving of bump...

:)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Kevin,
I love this program. I use this a couple of times a week, I thought it deserves a bounce for KUDOs to you for this...you should add a Donate icon on your website!
Thanks again...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi Kevin,

Still using this great program for a couple of years now. I recorded Redeye off ABC the other night and I was able to download the .tivo file, but on 2 different pc's when I try to decode the files I am presented with the following error:

>> DECRYPTING F:\tivo\Red Eye (08_07_2010).TiVo ...
C:\kmttg\tivodecode\tivodecode.exe --mak MAK --out "F:\tivo\Red Eye (08_07_2010).mpg" "F:\tivo\Red Eye (08_07_2010).TiVo"
tivodecode failed (exit code: 10 ) - check command: C:\kmttg\tivodecode\tivodecode.exe --mak MAK --out "F:\tivo\Red Eye (08_07_2010).mpg" "F:\tivo\Red Eye (08_07_2010).TiVo"
processing frame: No error
Encryption by QUALCOMM ;)

Invalid MAK -- aborting

I have no problem with other tivo recordings and all this is the first one I had issue with. Any ideas on what is happening? It errors out if I run straight download and decode and it errors out if I download and then add the file to be decoded..its erroring out during the decode. Its not an invalid MAK, its the same one I use for all my other shows and I have no problem with any other recorded show.

Any ideas here? I tried searching but all I found was where folks actually had bad MAK #'s.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi,

Does anybody know what "tivodecode failed (exit code: 10 )" means?

Thanks!

Hi Kevin,

Still using this great program for a couple of years now. I recorded Redeye off ABC the other night and I was able to download the .tivo file, but on 2 different pc's when I try to decode the files I am presented with the following error:

>> DECRYPTING F:\tivo\Red Eye (08_07_2010).TiVo ...
C:\kmttg\tivodecode\tivodecode.exe --mak MAK --out "F:\tivo\Red Eye (08_07_2010).mpg" "F:\tivo\Red Eye (08_07_2010).TiVo"
tivodecode failed (exit code: 10 ) - check command: C:\kmttg\tivodecode\tivodecode.exe --mak MAK --out "F:\tivo\Red Eye (08_07_2010).mpg" "F:\tivo\Red Eye (08_07_2010).TiVo"
processing frame: No error
Encryption by QUALCOMM ;)

Invalid MAK -- aborting

I have no problem with other tivo recordings and all this is the first one I had issue with. Any ideas on what is happening? It errors out if I run straight download and decode and it errors out if I download and then add the file to be decoded..its erroring out during the decode. Its not an invalid MAK, its the same one I use for all my other shows and I have no problem with any other recorded show.

Any ideas here? I tried searching but all I found was where folks actually had bad MAK #'s.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well moyekj I was first poster to respond to your announcement of the kmttg and here we are 6 years later and this program and my tivo still going strong!

Thanks for such a great product! Still works like a charm!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts