TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Swarley
Joined
·
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw this on digg a few minutes ago. They premiered a new Lost orientation video, this one for the Orchid station last night at Comic-Con.

Here's the link

The rabbit thing is intriguing - time travel!
 

·
Drew != Drawn
Joined
·
4,862 Posts
I'm assuming that since the same "scientist" has hosted the orientation for each station, using different names each time, that the D.I. never expected their "researchers/subjects" from one station to compare notes with researchers/subjects at another station ...
 

·
Grey Warden Reject
Joined
·
4,312 Posts
Some interesting information in that video. Something about setting the shift...

rabbits are behind what's going on. I think this proves it. Anya was right.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,992 Posts
Nice little clip. I hope there are more of these to tide us over until the news season starts.

So are they dealing with cloning experiments? Some sort of teleportation? Time travel? All of the above? :)
 

·
Bored
Joined
·
4,222 Posts
drew2k said:
I'm assuming that since the same "scientist" has hosted the orientation for each station, using different names each time, that the D.I. never expected their "researchers/subjects" from one station to compare notes with researchers/subjects at another station ...
Yep.

Edgar Haliwax
Marvin Candle
Mark Wickmund
 

·
Wooooonicorngodess
Joined
·
11,247 Posts
Sirius Black said:
rabbits are behind what's going on. I think this proves it. Anya was right.
LOL. They should get Emma Caulfield to be a guest star!!!

Also, looks like they hint at some Timecop rules there. He stresses not to let the bunies touch each other. Same matter can't occupy the same space at the same time.
 

·
Smelly Pirate Hooker
Joined
·
1,161 Posts
That rule in Timecop was absolutely asinine. How could the same person, thirty years apart, with completely different clothes and completely different skin molecules be considered the "same" matter? That always bothered me about that in the movie.
 

·
Wooooonicorngodess
Joined
·
11,247 Posts
NoThru22 said:
That rule in Timecop was absolutely asinine. How could the same person, thirty years apart, with completely different clothes and completely different skin molecules be considered the "same" matter? That always bothered me about that in the movie.
That's probably the one thing in Timecop that made the most since to me. I always wondered what happened to theri time travel pod after they went backwards or forwards. :p
 

·
4 8 15 16 23 42
Joined
·
13,760 Posts
This is more like outtakes from the filming of an orientation video and not the orientation video itself. Why would people placed in the station watch him getting ready, being annoyed at wearing makeup for the shoot, etc.? People in the orientation wouldn't be seeing any of that stuff.

Neat video though. It looks like something from last summer's online game.

Greg
 

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
Joined
·
60,933 Posts
Wow, that's cool. Some kind of cloning or time shifting or something. Definitely not a "botanical research unit."
 

·
Chef-In-Training
Joined
·
7,349 Posts
Is this the first time we've seen the host use both arms? Previously, his right hand has been tucked into a pocket and never moved.
 

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
Joined
·
60,933 Posts
Fleegle said:
Is this the first time we've seen the host use both arms? Previously, his right hand has been tucked into a pocket and never moved.
No, in the first film for the Swan Station, one of his arms was clearly hanging and not usable. However, in the film for the Pearl Station, he used both arms and had a different name. That's when people started to suspect that each station had a different mission and was unaware of the others, since the host of the films was trying to "disguise" himself in each one.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top