TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
waityn4jc said:
I have tried three different commands: (Always with TIVO original as secondary master, CD as 2nd slave, and WD as primary master)
Try the WD drive in another position -- for example, primary slave. Some tivo boot iso's do funny things (byte swap?) on the primary master drive.

·
Registered
991 Posts
waityn4jc said:
I am not really sure how what you are talking about could be of any benefit. Those are the positions while on the computer, not in the TIVO. Are you saying to set the WD as slave while in the TIVO when it is a single drive?
No. I'm saying to do that when it is in the PC. The issue is that some of the tivo upgrade boot CD's do something "special" with /dev/hda (primary master). Something special you don't want. I offer no guarantees, but it might be the issue.

Feel free to ignore my advice if you don't believe it could possibly be of any benefit.

·
Registered
991 Posts
HomeUser said:
If the drive and the fan are cycling up and down it has to be a Power Supply problem. The power specs on the drive look fine and should work in the TiVo that is why I think the power supply is about to fail or possibly the drive could be out of tolerance. You are not even getting the first screen you get that even if the drive is missing.
I agree. Ignore my earlier suggestion. If you're not even getting the "Powering up" message on the screen, and the drive isn't spinning up, it's a hardware problem, not software.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.