TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
Last night's mystery celebrity was someone the kids would likely have known. In fact, one of the kids said "The Goldbergs" was her favorite show. So she probably knew the man. True, he hasn't been a major character up until this past season, and even then he wasn't on that much, but once the kids lost one grandfather when the actor died, they needed someone to replace him. So this season the old grouch started becoming nicer and hanging out with the kids more.

I was surprised "Superior Donuts" wasn't mentioned. It was a superior show that didn't get enough of a chance. But if it had, who would Dan Conner have married?

I had forgotten about "Dear John". I forget whether it was considered a good show but I didn't like it.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
Today is Bob Newhart's 93rd birthday. Hirsch starred with him on "George and Leo", which I liked.

The losing team had a toddler who spent the entire show watching her family members. She looked bored. I'm wondering if she would have been the toddler to choose a prize if her family won.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
A six-year-old about to turn seven is not a toddler.

I wish they had quit trying to explain categories that had names that didn't need to be explained. That joke was pointless the first time and has been repeated every week.

I noticed they seem to have done away with people holding items and trying to describe them.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
I wonder if anyone knows whether there's a missing episode that didn't air because of the Queen's death?

Last night's episode was identified as a season finale, but "Press Your Luck" also apparently lost an episode.

·
Registered
25,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
A six-year-old about to turn seven is not a toddler.

I wish they had quit trying to explain categories that had names that didn't need to be explained. That joke was pointless the first time and has been repeated every week.
yeah definitely noticed the "toddler" thing too.. but I think her "explaining" the categories is mildly amusing.. hey, if they sped the whole thing up and added more questions, that'd be even better, but if they've got to fill time with something, that repeated joke isn't too bad IMO.

I still get a big kick out of the last prize thing, just because like I think I said before I totally imagine Kimmel cackling when he thought up the idea. (I think Kimmel likes harmless pranks, but I think his cousin likes meaner ones)

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Out of all episodes shown they only picked the car twice, and in at least one of those the kid picked up on clues from the family loudly gasping when the car was revealed as an option.

I believe there is a missing episode out there somewhere. I don't know if it will air next week or if it will/has show/n up on Hulu.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
Out of all episodes shown they only picked the car twice, and in at least one of those the kid picked up on clues from the family loudly gasping when the car was revealed as an option.

I believe there is a missing episode out there somewhere. I don't know if it will air next week or if it will/has show/n up on Hulu.
It definitely won't be on next week because I checked and ABC has a celebration of Norman Lear's 100th birthday.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
It's not on Hulu. They go straight from s1e8 to s1e10. It might be one of those things where they'll wait to see if they're renewed for next summer and if so they'll hold on to it for then. If they get cancelled they might dump it on Hulu or show it on ABC at some odd time for filler. I'd say keep your OnePass active.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
It's not on Hulu. They go straight from s1e8 to s1e10. It might be one of those things where they'll wait to see if they're renewed for next summer and if so they'll hold on to it for then. If they get cancelled they might dump it on Hulu or show it on ABC at some odd time for filler. I'd say keep your OnePass active.
What about "Press Your Luck"?

·
Registered
25,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I'd say keep your OnePass active.
Yeah, I have lots of old ones that I should delete. How do I know? I found out that the UI has a 1000 item limit... it seems to know about more than that, but only shows you up to 1000...
and IIRC, I may have crashed my Tivo by trying to get the full OP list via the kmttg program (or it may have been a coincidence.. I haven't tried it again on purpose when I wasn't using it).
(I have lots of auto recording wishlists for various people and things too.. but still yeah way way too many.. sometimes I kept the old one just to remind me if I wanted to refresh the name of some show).

but in general, my suggestion is if you know there are unaired eps of a show that's been cancelled (I have no idea if Generation Gap has been cancelled), keep the OP and I often move it to the TOP of the OP list.. since if they 'burn off' episodes, they may be in some weird time slot, so moving it up is likely to catch them.. then any semi-frequent perusing of the to do list lets you see conflicts and deal with them. (With tons of tuners, I check out the to do list less frequently than I used to, but I still do sometimes.. esp to cull out recordings caught from my wishlists..)

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
Last night's mystery celebrity was someone the kids would likely have known. In fact, one of the kids said "The Goldbergs" was her favorite show. So she probably knew the man. True, he hasn't been a major character up until this past season, and even then he wasn't on that much, but once the kids lost one grandfather when the actor died, they needed someone to replace him. So this season the old grouch started becoming nicer and hanging out with the kids more.

I was surprised "Superior Donuts" wasn't mentioned. It was a superior show that didn't get enough of a chance. But if it had, who would Dan Conner have married?

I had forgotten about "Dear John". I forget whether it was considered a good show but I didn't like it.
Adult Adam (Patton Oswalt) had been telling us his father died. It turns out he lived a lot longer than we were supposedly being told, but with the actor deciding he didn't want to do the show any more, they killed him off.

And Pop-Pop has moved in. Now he's apparently going to be the show's grouch.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
it is a NEW ep of celebrity wheel though.. (though I prob will nuke my OP.. realized I really don't like Wheel all that much)
I thought "Wheel" was on Sundays though.

I don't either but I'll watch for the celebrities. I'm no good at Hangman and I don't like Pat anyway.

I have every single episode on various TiVos because I never did get around to watching any of them.

·
Registered
25,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
haha.. you sound like more of a packrat at least for this show than I am.. If you have a Tivo that can do quick mode (Roamio or later, AFAIR), this is a good use of it (I do it at 1.9x). (Though even regular Jeopardy, I do at 1.7x and avoid the contestant chit chat the vast majority of the time). but since I already record too much stuff, I realized I should let this one go off.
I'm not a HUUUUGE fan of Family Feud either, but I have seen I think all of the Celeb FF and it's more entertaining to me than Wheel. (I realized a vast generalization is that I just like quiz shows the best of game show types.)

21 - 40 of 42 Posts