TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 tivo minis that both ran great on my old bolt. When I upgraded to an edge, it forced me to upgrade my minis. Ever since that upgrade my minis have been plagued with problems. It seems like I can only ever use them for core functions like watching recorded shows or live TV, and even that has been a nightmare at times. I have to constantly restart them all to get them to sync up.

The MOST frustrating part is neither one of them will even play anything on the hulu app, the frequently freeze on Netflix and most other apps will barely even open without the whole thing freezing. It's like if you tried to run windows 10 on a computer from the 90s. It just seems like the mini doesn't have NEARLY the cpu power to run the new UI.

Before I try a new upgraded mini, can anyone confirm if the newer models can handle the new ui?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Before I try a new upgraded mini, can anyone confirm if the newer models can handle the new ui?
yes, confirmed.

imo re: TE4, the mini vox/lux is faster than bolt but slower or equivalent to edge

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.